Injury status of Drake and Wilson?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The only thing I have seen on Wilson is that Mullen said they would know more tomorrow but it didn't look serious.
Nothing further was disclosed.
That's surprising considering it appeared he didn't even know what zip code he was in. I was expecting his legs to give out on him as he was walking to the cart.

Last edited:

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
I haven't heard anything on Wilson, but my guess would be a concussion and possibly a sprained neck.

Last edited:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I give Mullen credit on his finding Wilson. Granted he only played 1 year high school football, but what a player. Hope he is ok.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I give Mullen credit on his finding Wilson. Granted he only played 1 year high school football, but what a player. Hope he is ok.
I thought I heard Gary Danielsen mention during the broadcast that Wilson only started playing football in his senior year in high school. If so, that might be why he flew under the radar, so to speak.

I hope he is OK.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I thought I heard Gary Danielsen mention during the broadcast that Wilson only started playing football in his senior year in high school. If so, that might be why he flew under the radar, so to speak.

I hope he is OK.
If memory serves, I think that he was better known as an outstanding basketball player. Not surprising since these guys like him can play anything with a ball involved, and usually at a high level to boot. Cases in point, A`Shawn playing leap frog (basketball) and Ken Stabler ( probably could have played in the bigs in baseball and was terrific in basketball). Couple of years in front of me in high school (Fairhope) and we used to marvel at him when he was at Foley.

If memory serves, I think that he was better known as an outstanding basketball player. Not surprising since these guys like him can play anything with a ball involved, and usually at a high level to boot. Cases in point, A`Shawn playing leap frog (basketball) and Ken Stabler ( probably could have played in the bigs in baseball and was terrific in basketball). Couple of years in front of me in high school (Fairhope) and we used to marvel at him when he was at Foley.
He was Mr. Basketball in Alabama.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I hope he is OK.

Good point, Fundy...

When I saw that he was from Bham, I wondered aloud in another thread why we had apparently not recruited / offered him...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.