Is it just me or did Miles' seat just get a little warm.....

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It'd be stupid for LSU to fire Miles, but what if he gets fed up with the corndog crap and leaves on his own? Chavis left because of the relationship between Miles and the BOT, and it couldn't have come at a worse time. What if he pulls a Bielema and walks out on them?
Les might should have gone to Michigan back when they wanted him.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
LSU always has great skilled position players. They always have really good WR's it seems. But they can never really take advantage of them to their fullest potential. They need a Coach who can recruit and develop QBs. The QB position has hamstringed LSU for the past few years. Its been a below average position for them at best.

So I'm betting their next head coach will be one of these new uptempo type coaches who love to sling the ball around the yard. Just a guess.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
After the 2011 disappointment, there was a huge exodus of talent - especially young talent - from LSU. They are just beginning to regain their depth. It would be a shame to see them move in the wrong direction again.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I doubt Miles gets fired, and they would be silly to try. The coaching carousel is a risky place to be. It is always easy to identify your current guy's weaknesses (even Saban's), but it is really really hard to get an upgrade, especially for a coach as good as Miles.

However it might be fun to talk about where Miles might end up if he were let go. How about Texas?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I doubt Miles gets fired, and they would be silly to try. The coaching carousel is a risky place to be. It is always easy to identify your current guy's weaknesses (even Saban's), but it is really really hard to get an upgrade, especially for a coach as good as Miles.

However it might be fun to talk about where Miles might end up if he were let go. How about Texas?
Agreed. It's easy to throw rocks at what you have....it's a lot harder to identify AND land a better alternative.

That's especially true this year with so many openings already out there, and a number of others that might come open. This is not the year to be looking for a head coach.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The average L5U fan may want Miles gone, but I'd be shocked if TPTB did anything. People forget that this L5U team was widely considered about a 7-5 team before the season started.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Les Miles has one of the best records in college coaching over the last 10 years and has played for two NC's. LSU has consistently been very good in his tenure and he is an enormously good recruiter. He has never had a losing season there either. I simply cannot imagine how on earth his job could be endangered at this point in time.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The average L5U fan may want Miles gone, but I'd be shocked if TPTB did anything. People forget that this L5U team was widely considered about a 7-5 team before the season started.
True ... I forgot what the actual sentiment was during SEC Media days but it wasn't a team that would perform as well as they did up until playing us. Only a few had LSU as their dark horse team only off the potential of what the could accomplish. That being said, was still surprised that Arkansas beat them the way they did last night. Almost seemed like they (LSU) just shut it down for the season. It wont get any better for them against Ole Sis either.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
From another angle: is Bama fortunate that they play the hogs early in the season each year? They seem to play much better later in the year, beating teams they aren't supposed to; I know those teams may be somewhat classified as "not as good as advertised", but the hogs take no prisoners in the final third of their schedule. This has happened before as well.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I find it odd that so few of their fans (or ours) is remembering that this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for LSU. They are well over a year ahead of schedule. And don't waste the digital ink making the comparison between us and them and our ability to rebuild so quickly. Two different teams with different recruiting styles.

Point is, they did far better than expected earlier in the year and and all of a sudden everyone says, "nope, they've arrived."

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.