On Kenyan Drake's injury: I've had it...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I certainly won't ever 2nd guess Coach Saban about using our 1st String Players on ST's cause it's worked out really really well this year..But..I also see the argument from those against it, cause it would be bad if Henry was injured on a ST's play, it's just that chance you take playing at a Championship Level in college football these days..

I also think we have players every bit as athletic on our 2nd & 3rd string, as on our 1st string, they just lack the experience as the 1st String Players, playing our 2nd & 3rd String on ST's is a great way to get them game time experience along the way in a season..We have some mighty good players sitting on the bench, that won't get any game time experience in a season sitting on the bench, playing them on ST's is a great way to earn some PT & also get their feet wet on the college level..A lot of HC's in college football get their players experience & most of our 2nd & 3rd string Players would be starters at most any college football team because they're that good..

Like I said I actually love that Coach Saban wants our best Players playing in every facet of the game, cause that philosophy has served us well, the results we've had on ST's this year has been a welcomed improvement this season & has helped us on our NC Run this season..

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I certainly won't ever 2nd guess Coach Saban about using our 1st String Players on ST's cause it's worked out really really well this year..But..I also see the argument from those against it, cause it would be bad if Henry was injured on a ST's play, it's just that chance you take playing at a Championship Level in college football these days..

I also think we have players every bit as athletic on our 2nd & 3rd string, as on our 1st string, they just lack the experience as the 1st String Players, playing our 2nd & 3rd String on ST's is a great way to get them game time experience along the way in a season..We have some mighty good players sitting on the bench, that won't get any game time experience in a season sitting on the bench, playing them on ST's is a great way to earn some PT & also get their feet wet on the college level..A lot of HC's in college football get their players experience & most of our 2nd & 3rd string Players would be starters at most any college football team because they're that good..

Like I said I actually love that Coach Saban wants our best Players playing in every facet of the game, cause that philosophy has served us well, the results we've had on ST's this year has been a welcomed improvement this season & has helped us on our NC Run this season..
Preach it, brother!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Isn't 2 -3 weeks a bit optimistic to be back to full speed football?

I gotta believe that it is...

I mean, it's his dominant hand, so his ability to carry the ball is undoubtedly a concern...

Mind you, no substitute for his experience, esp. when it comes to blocking etc...

I believe he made the block that was responsible for springing Calvin Ridley against MSU...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
It would seem like the best way to get Drake back in action is to put him in situations where the outcome will be one on one. Structured, in space that can utilize his speed. Not special teams or pounding up the middle. This is with the assumption that his arm is still healing.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If you start sitting players in competitive games because you're scared of injury, you might as well start playing flag football...

Play the best players and let the chips fall where they may, imo.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He'll be fine. I expect him to play either this weekend or next weekend.... Won't matter to me.. because he'll have 3-4 weeks to get more stronger before the playoff.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Henry is going to get anywhere from 25-35 carries against Auburn. I predict #Beastmode all day long.
With Florida the following week, I just don't see this happening unless the game is really close - and it won't be.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Normally I'd agree but being that this injury just occurred I don't see it happening.
I'm not saying Drake should play before he's healed, I'm simply replying to those who don't want certain players on kickoff coverage need to rethink it.

Every play counts, and earlier in the season everyone was ready to fire Bobby Williams. Now our ST have become a strength and people are second-guessing his choice of players.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
With Florida the following week, I just don't see this happening unless the game is really close - and it won't be.
Agree, but I think we'll have to be 2-3 scores up before we start turning it over to DH and BS.

I expect DH to get his share of carries and, unless our OL doesn't show up or Denvers DL shows up to play for Auburn, DH will get his yards!

I'm not saying Drake should play before he's healed, I'm simply replying to those who don't want certain players on kickoff coverage need to rethink it.

Every play counts, and earlier in the season everyone was ready to fire Bobby Williams. Now our ST have become a strength and people are second-guessing his choice of players.
Oh, in that case I agree. Kick off coverage is doing a phenomenal job. Football isn't a sport where individuals don't get hurt. It could happen on any play. Just like the ones with Drake.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Apropos of this thread, I believe it was Coach Stallings that said something to the effect that "A coach who listens to the fans ends up sitting with them". That said, I don't expect Coach Saban is likely to spend much time sitting with the fans anytime soon...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I seriously doubt that it's a wrist injury or he wouldn't be back so soon. I'd guess ulnar and/or radial bone(s) and clean breaks...
Have we ever been told what specifically is broken and whether it is a hairline fracture or more? We shouldn't have to have him vs. Fla so I hope he gets the time to heal for the playoffs, assuming that we make it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.