On Kenyan Drake's injury: I've had it...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Excellent news and I'm happy for him. Hopefully he goes out with a bang and helps win the NC.
"It will be how functional he can be in his position with what he has," Saban said about his return."

Great news about the success, and I am hoping that he is ready for the playoffs. I think we could manage until then.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If Drake makes an NFL team, his special teams play may play an important role. He made that tackle, it cost him, but it was a great play on his part. Trying to remember the linebacker that never came back after a goal line stopping play on the Bama south endzone. Going down while making a play is classic Drake. I will remember him for that. Great day when he is back on the sideline in uniform for us.
That LB was Marvin Constant.

Knee was shredded -- ligaments, cartilage, and I think even some nerve damage. Tried to come back for two years and just couldn't do it. Really sad. He was a warrior.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep I admit I don't want Drake on kickoffs, but would we rather see teams smoking us on special teams like the older days? Remember all those ST breakdowns we used to have? With the speed and coverage Drake provided on ST, we have been pretty nasty of late on coverage...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
That LB was Marvin Constant.

Knee was shredded -- ligaments, cartilage, and I think even some nerve damage. Tried to come back for two years and just couldn't do it. Really sad. He was a warrior.
Marvin Contstant. Won us a game while tearing up his knee beyond repair. I will not forget Marvin's name again!

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I think the main think Saban is doing is making Special Teams participation a point of pride and honor on the team. If only the best players make special team, that is something I would work hard to be a part of. Injuries suck, but they happen.
I also think that it shows that our coaching staff doesn't put anybody on a pedestal. Most players generally hate to be on Special Teams hence the reason why most coaches don't put their better players on it.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I also think that it shows that our coaching staff doesn't put anybody on a pedestal. Most players generally hate to be on Special Teams hence the reason why most coaches don't put their better players on it.
Urban Myer and his "Circle of Trust" players was whocko. Bet special teams players were prohibited from looking them in the eye.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I haven't heard the specific damage yet. It varies widely. Liz's required pinning and several weeks. My broken wrist involved the scaphoid bone and meant six months in a case. Joel, whom you know, with the same bone break, required an eventual bone graft. I had no idea that there was detailed info on the damage yet...
Is there anything that you haven't had done?

I thought I was catching up to you with surgeries, but I don't think that is possible. LOL

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Isn't 2 -3 weeks a bit optimistic to be back to full speed football?
I agree, and Special Teams is the last place I think we see Drake with a healing bone. I think it will be more designed, in space plays that utilizes his speed.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
When you step on the field you can get injured. It happened, it could have happened on any play, but he still can participate if we get involved in the postseason.
Coach Saban stepped onto the field and got hurt and he was not even playing.....LOL

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
"We're kind of taking it day-to-day," Saban said. "We're doing a little bit more with him every day. He's certainly anxious to get back out there, but I don't know if he's done enough in practice. I always ask the player when we get to the game if he think he's capable of doing his job well, and I'll certainly have that conversation with him sometime between now and then."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Definitely would hate to rush him out there if he doesn't have a great grip on the ball. He's always been a bit fumble prone...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Definitely would hate to rush him out there if he doesn't have a great grip on the ball. He's always been a bit fumble prone...
On the other hand, I don't see any harm in giving Auburn something to worry about.

I hope he doesn't play against Auburn, and I hope he's not needed against Florida. In the long run, getting the other two running backs ready could open up the offense more anyway.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The schedule made it tough on us finding a 3rd back you'd like to have waiting in the wings in this kind of scenario. ULM was the only completely trash team we've played until Charleston Southern last week...and we spent so much time in the passing game against ULM that it wasn't quite the blowout needed to start cycling in guys at tailback. We're fortunate that the defense has been so dominant because we've not had many breaks on offense this year between uncertainty early at QB, losing the top WR target early, and now having our second best playmaker dinged up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.