How should an American Christian respond to ISIS?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Nice dodge.

Translate: "I haven't done anything for Arabs or muslims or Arab muslims, but man am I wracked with guilt for being born here, so I am going to sooth my guilt by opening the doors to people claiming to be refugees from Syria when we can't possibly know where they are from or what they intend to do when they get here, but I'll feel better anyway."

Thanks for playing.
***?

I don't know what you are smoking but I'd probably join you if offered

no idea what I could possibly be dodging

but I feel no guilt what-so-ever though, I love the assumed Limbaugh-esque talking point liberal white guilt narrative without knowing me at all. I've never faltered on this point ever. I've always been open to all immigrants and I don't care where from or even why. It has nothing to do with guilt and everything to do with what I believe makes this country the greatest on Earth, even if people like you are trying to destroy it. This comes up in debates over Mexican and Latin immigrants on tf's all the time and I am always consistent. Migrant's made, and make America great.

Want to ask me a question, ask it and stop making ridiculous assumptions

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Nice dodge.

Translate: "I haven't done anything for Arabs or muslims or Arab muslims, but man am I wracked with guilt for being born here, so I am going to sooth my guilt by opening the doors to people claiming to be refugees from Syria when we can't possibly know where they are from or what they intend to do when they get here, but I'll feel better anyway."

Thanks for playing.
***?

I don't know what you are smoking but I'd probably join you if offered

no idea what I could possibly be dodging

but I feel no guilt what-so-ever though, I love the assumed Limbaugh-esque talking point liberal white guilt narrative without knowing me at all. I've never faltered on this point ever. I've always been open to all immigrants and I don't care where from or even why. It has nothing to do with guilt and everything to do with what I believe makes this country the greatest on Earth, even if people like you are trying to destroy it. This comes up in debates over Mexican and Latin immigrants on tf's all the time and I am always consistent. Migrant's made, and make America great.

Want to ask me a question, ask it and stop making ridiculous assumptions
I'll take "who reads" for 800. Blue font***

Man y'all are entertaining

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Drop a nuke. Problem solved.
Great suggestion but one problem. You run the risk of Russia becoming the largest oil supplier in the world, and it would bring them out of their recession and put us in a bigger one. Russia would in turn become the world supreme power

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Great suggestion but one problem. You run the risk of Russia becoming the largest oil supplier in the world, and it would bring them out of their recession and put us in a bigger one. Russia would in turn become the world supreme power
If confined to Syria, probably not.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If confined to Syria, probably not.
Maybe, but most likely tossing a nuke in Syria would result in the western world being either an uber amount of price increase or being totally shut out from oil trade with the Arabs. The Saudis are probably not going to take it well. Either event benefits Russia tremendously, so nukes aren't the best option or even close to the best option

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Maybe, but most likely tossing a nuke in Syria would result in the western world being either an uber amount of price increase or being totally shut out from oil trade with the Arabs. The Saudis are probably not going to take it well. Either event benefits Russia tremendously, so nukes aren't the best option or even close to the best option
Pyro likes to toss in a firebomb every once in a while. It's one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time...

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Re: the possibility of taking in thousands of refugees.

Some people need to be reminded of the classic story of the scorpion. The one that ends with, "you knew I was a scorpion." I hate to say I told you so, but I will, assuming I'm one who survives.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
If we are going to take refugees, we should only take women, children, and men over 50. I'm not really for taking the refugees into our country, but that would be my compromise.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Re: the possibility of taking in thousands of refugees.

Some people need to be reminded of the classic story of the scorpion. The one that ends with, "you knew I was a scorpion." I hate to say I told you so, but I will, assuming I'm one who survives.
A favorite story of mine. Although I generally use it in certain political discussions, it works just as well here.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
If we are going to take refugees, we should only take women, children, and men over 50. I'm not really for taking the refugees into our country, but that would be my compromise.
Not sure taking women is a good idea. It appears the wife of the mastermind of France massacare blew herself up last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Not sure taking women is a good idea. It appears the wife of the mastermind of France massacare blew herself up last night.
They are pulling women and children in on the jihad. I agree with the 36 governors (and counting) that have said "No."

Last edited by a moderator:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
You think the Saudis or any other Arab country can afford to cease selling oil to the western world?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yes...we are their only hope. Without us, they most definitely fall.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/17/opinions/isis-no-military-answer-paton-walsh/index.html

The part about Iran is probably the biggest reason I'm 100% against it. They are backed by Russia and both would use the nuking of an Islamic country to their advantage to rid Saudi Arabia's supply to west. Bombing Syria puts Saudi in a predicament that if they don't cut ties they will face the wrath of a Russian backed Iran coming unopposed into Saudi Arabia.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/17/opinions/isis-no-military-answer-paton-walsh/index.html

The part about Iran is probably the biggest reason I'm 100% against it. They are backed by Russia and both would use the nuking of an Islamic country to their advantage to rid Saudi Arabia's supply to west. Bombing Syria puts Saudi in a predicament that if they don't cut ties they will face the wrath of a Russian backed Iran coming unopposed into Saudi Arabia.
They are coming for the Saudis anyway...now or later doesn't matter.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-homeless-20151117-story.html

"With an estimated 26,000 people calling Los Angeles sidewalks, cars and storm drains home, city officials on Tuesday approved an expanded campaign to help the homeless this winter"

I don't know how many of the homeless are illegals, Americans, veterans, or what race.....I do know we seem to have our own "refugees" who need help. The cost to American taxpayers in bringing in thousands of Syrians will be enormous and at the expense of those who need it here. The cost in additional surveillance and security for every large gathering is immeasurable. The cost to America's lost freedom, as a consequence, will be heartbreaking. It already is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.