How should an American Christian respond to ISIS?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Impressive! This man makes a strong case, and raises some irrefutable points. I would recommend anyone interested in the moral question regarding ISIS to watch this video. It does not change my position regarding the moral (and practical) question of admitting refugees, but his characterization of Radical Islam as inspired by Satan is Biblical. HIs call for action against ISIS is truly expressive of the overwhelming majority of people here and in France. Unfortunately, it does little to clarify what that action should look like. For that I suggest that, as Christians, we pray for wisdom and discernment for our leaders.

I admit that I personally struggle with my view of Islam. Someone pointed out to me recently that thousands of horrendous acts have been perpetrated in the name of Christianity, and being one who studies history, I can't refute that. My reply, however, was that nowhere in the New Testament is there any word or phrase that commands Christians to kill non-Christians. Nobody can defend the Koran in that way. I think it is wrong to condemn an entire body of worshippers as evil because of the acts of a few on the fringe; but it troubles me greatly that there is such a silence from Islamic leaders throughout the world. The acts of ISIS are evil, and where is the condemnation from those who deny that the religion itself is evil?
The problem is the thing that you associate as the quaran is not viewed as the true quaran. What I mean is that the word literally means recitation. And with that is many different interpretations of what the suras mean. The whole argument for Islam is that the Jews and Christians got it wrong because they allowed man the opportunity to mess up the word of god in writing. They only have the book quaran as a base of belief but they believe the "true" quaran is in the heart. So they can interpret the suras as they feel.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just to bring some data to the discussion:
Muslims in Europe.
Countries of western Europe with the highest muslim percent of the population:
France: 7.5% (4.7 million)
Netherlands: 6.0% (1 million)
Belgium: 5.9% (0.6 million)
Germany: 5.8% (4.8 million)
Britain: 4.8% (3.0 million)

A substantial portion of Dutch muslims are (or are descended from) former gastarbeiters from Turkey (40%) or Morocco (35%). A substantial portion of French muslims are Arabs, especially north African muslims. A lot of British muslims are of Indian/Pakistani descent. These are due in part to former colonial status.

Counties with the greatest number of arrests for religiously-inspired terrorism:
France: 188
Britain: 132 (in fairness, the Brits do not record the apparent motivation of terrorists).
Belgium: 71
Germany: 17 (63.2% of German muslims are of Turkish descent)
Netherlands: 16 (38% of Dutch muslims are Turkish descent and 26% "Asian"

So, there may be a causal relationship between number of muslims and the number terrorist arrests, and the national descent of muslim immigrants might also explain something as well.
Those classified as "Asian" in the Netherlands are probably almost all Indonesian, or it seemed to me that way when I was there. Both the Indonesian and Turkish strains of Islam tend to be more "moderate," understanding that's a shifting target these days. OTOH, it seemed for a long time that Muslims from Pakistan were more moderate also. The whole Islamic world is in such ferment now, that the national origin of Muslims is less important than it used to be, for purposes of predicting terrorism...

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
What I fail to understand is how any of you would ever jeopardize the safety, security, and future of our country, and possibly the planet by allowing this to continue when we have the means to stop it.

But we are no longer ignoring it, now we are welcoming it like a 1000 foot tall Trojan Horse....

Right into our homes.

Call me paranoid, but this sure does start to feel like an inside job.

It's all changing so fast, in so many ways....none of which feel smart, secure, or logical regarding our existence much less the future

Oh yeah, and to all the libs out there.....they hate you more than they hate us.....remember that

Last edited:

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
cbi can stick up for himself. Nevertheless, his point was not sophomoric. Accuracy is important, especially considering the point you were making.
Ok, sophomoric was a bad choice of words. Nitpicking ok with u 86'?

Facts. Over 4 million Muslims in France. Close to a million in Paris. 30 showed up.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
That's one way to deal with the widows and orphans issue. Might see more marriages in the refugee camps as a result.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.