Eddie Lacy now second best runningback on Packers team?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
He was good weeks 1 and 4. Nothing between or after. It was actually fairly strange watching him play this year (I have to watch nearly every game because I'm a fantasy football commissioner ).

Even when we was playing well he looked off, and my assumption was line play. Well when James Starks started splitting carries you could see he was playing at a higher level.

As far as team info goes he didn't get hurt until week 4, when he was having his best game of the season (week 2 & 3 he had 13 total carries for 55 yards. ) I believe.

He then pushed to play quickly after injury (bad move apparently ) saying he was healthy. At that point the Packers should have shut him down for 3-4 weeks and he might be healthy now. Instead they played him and his star line looked like this.

13 car 27 yds
4 car 3 yds
11 car 38 yds
5 car 10 yds

Anyone who watched him play the second half of his rookie year on knows that isn't normal. He needed to be benched and to get healthy, but the Pack pushed it and now he's out...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
O.K., so if he had two good games, got hurt, then needed to be benched because he was literally injured, then how has he been, "Bad all season"?
Are you currently living in Opelika or Auburn?
sip
Also...just because I don't look through things in crimson glasses all the time doesn't make me a resident of West Georgia. You of all people should know that. [emoji6]

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He was good weeks 1 and 4. Nothing between or after. It was actually fairly strange watching him play this year (I have to watch nearly every game because I'm a fantasy football commissioner ).

Even when we was playing well he looked off, and my assumption was line play. Well when James Starks started splitting carries you could see he was playing at a higher level.

As far as team info goes he didn't get hurt until week 4, when he was having his best game of the season (week 2 & 3 he had 13 total carries for 55 yards. ) I believe.

He then pushed to play quickly after injury (bad move apparently ) saying he was healthy. At that point the Packers should have shut him down for 3-4 weeks and he might be healthy now. Instead they played him and his star line looked like this.

13 car 27 yds
4 car 3 yds
11 car 38 yds
5 car 10 yds

Anyone who watched him play the second half of his rookie year on knows that isn't normal. He needed to be benched and to get healthy, but the Pack pushed it and now he's out...

O.K.!! So recognize that he's injured and not, "Bad". Eddie could care less if he's on your fantasy football team!! Just because he's not getting you fantasy points doesn't mean that he's "Bad"
He's "Hurt" man. "Hurt"...like injured.
Jeez...
Conversation over. Have a good night.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
O.K.!! So recognize that he's injured and not, "Bad". Eddie could care less if he's on your fantasy football team!! Just because he's not getting you fantasy points doesn't mean that he's "Bad"
He's "Hurt" man. "Hurt"...like injured.
Jeez...
Conversation over. Have a good night.
He's not on my fantasy team. Lol

He wasn't playing up to his standards before he was injured though. Perhaps he was injured a lot earlier than thought. In that case it's not his fault, unless he hid it...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Being honest,Lacy has gotten fat.He doesn't quite carry it like Jerome Bettis either.Maybe yhe injuries have something to do with it.
I saw him a few weeks ago in a game and was shocked at how big he was. I agree that he needs to drop some weight HOWEVER the problem may be due to his asthma. I've read that one of the side effects of the medication is bloating and weight gain. Eddie is probably on the worst team he could possibly be on with his asthma. If he were playing in a warm climate he probably would not have as much trouble as he does.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I saw him a few weeks ago in a game and was shocked at how big he was. I agree that he needs to drop some weight HOWEVER the problem may be due to his asthma. I've read that one of the side effects of the medication is bloating and weight gain. Eddie is probably on the worst team he could possibly be on with his asthma. If he were playing in a warm climate he probably would not have as much trouble as he does.
yes, this could be the problem. I have asthma and prednisone can cause weight gain and bloating. I always look puffy after being on it. Plus the cold weather up there can cause pneumonia or bronchitis.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LOL @ the people saying James Starks should be the #1 back in GB.
It became very clear when Lacy was hurt that Starks was not the answer. As soon as Lacy was healthy, their running game "suddenly" became effective again.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
yes, this could be the problem. I have asthma and prednisone can cause weight gain and bloating. I always look puffy after being on it. Plus the cold weather up there can cause pneumonia or bronchitis.

Yes, that is due to water retention.

Cold isn't good for asthma, either. An asthma attack, when you have bronchitis, is not fun.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He had a great game going last night against Chicago, then he ran 18 yards and fumbled and I don't think he touched the ball again.
The Packers are not near as good as last year, not even close, and there's two primary reasons---Jordy Nelson is out, and they're not giving the ball to Lacy enough.
Starks was there when they drafted Eddie. He's a pretty good back, but he's not Eddie.
Just my opinion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.