Eddie Lacy now second best runningback on Packers team?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He had a great game going last night against Chicago, then he ran 18 yards and fumbled and I don't think he touched the ball again.
The Packers are not near as good as last year, not even close, and there's two primary reasons---Jordy Nelson is out, and they're not giving the ball to Lacy enough.
Starks was there when they drafted Eddie. He's a pretty good back, but he's not Eddie.
Just my opinion.

To be fair, they have fed Lacy when he has been healthy. He has had a few injuries this season.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
He had a great game going last night against Chicago, then he ran 18 yards and fumbled and I don't think he touched the ball again.
The Packers are not near as good as last year, not even close, and there's two primary reasons---Jordy Nelson is out, and they're not giving the ball to Lacy enough.
Starks was there when they drafted Eddie. He's a pretty good back, but he's not Eddie.
Just my opinion.
They held him out a good while but I think he finally got some more playing time before the game was over. If I remember correctly. :smile:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Just my opinion.
You make good points. To add, Eddie has been hurt during a large part of this year. Eddie is like a race horse however and when he is injured he is not very effective. He got injured during the start of our 2012 season and did not preform great during the first half of the season. When he got back to being healthy he was unstoppable. Eddie's health has improved and he is performing better. Starks will go back to the back-up for the rest of the season.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
To be fair, they have fed Lacy when he has been healthy. He has had a few injuries this season.
He has two 100 games in row, and at $800,00 a year in his 3rd year of a 4 year contract, Eddie is eligible for a new contract starting this next year. Other than the slump, it's a consensus that he was a steal in the 2nd round and I am pretty sure he is about to get that crucial RB 2nd contract. I have my fingers crossed, and Green Bay is first class and will secure him for years. The fans love him, he has exceeded expectations, and he is respected in the NFL in general. I believe he will be set for life and a few generations in a few months. Offensive rookie of the year.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
They held him out a good while but I think he finally got some more playing time before the game was over. If I remember correctly. [emoji2]
You are correct.
LOL @ the people saying James Starks should be the #1 back in GB.
Umm..while EL was injured he should have been. Now that he's healthy EL should.

Just my opinion.
The loss of Nelson has killed the offense.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
You are correct.

Umm..while EL was injured he should have been. Now that he's healthy EL should.

And he never used it as an excuse, his OLine is the one that tells us that they are happy that he is healthy again, Eddie just says he's hitting the holes better and thanks the play of his teammates. Eddie is the man.

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
IMO, they should have kept feeding him the ball last night even after the fumble. The fumble occurred in rainy weather and was nice play by the safety to punch it out from behind while Eddie was fighting for yards. He was a having a pretty darn good game and with those conditions combined with Rogers' poor performance, I think I would have kept trusting Eddie in that 4th Qtr. I am happy to see him running with authority again. He sure is fun to watch in the NFL.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I took Cobb on my Fantasy Football team, thinking he'd be the go to with Nelson out.

Nope, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So did my girlfriend.

I did luck up and snag Eddie Lacy off waivers because someone thought he was done.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
An amplification: The loss of decent OL blocking has just about got Rodgers and Lacy killed, and thrown both of them way off their game. Further Packer demise abetted by GB continuing as worst in the league at covering the tight end, even if Aunt Clara from "Bewitched" was playing the position against them.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
IMO, they should have kept feeding him the ball last night even after the fumble. The fumble occurred in rainy weather and was nice play by the safety to punch it out from behind while Eddie was fighting for yards. He was a having a pretty darn good game and with those conditions combined with Rogers' poor performance, I think I would have kept trusting Eddie in that 4th Qtr. I am happy to see him running with authority again. He sure is fun to watch in the NFL.
Exactly

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Interesting how teams will send a RB to the bench after a fumble, but when a QB throws an INT or fumbles that doesn't happen.
Most teams have multiple options at RB. Few teams have a second QB who gives them a good chance to win.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe so, but Starks was not running the ball anywhere near as effective as Lacy, and it probably cost them the game.
I was answering the question in a more general way. I agree that Lacy should have received more carries in that game, but he did get 10 more carries after the fumble, so it isn't like they benched him.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I was answering the question in a more general way. I agree that Lacy should have received more carries in that game, but he did get 10 more carries after the fumble, so it isn't like they benched him.
They ended up letting him come back in late in the game, but they did bench him for a long stretch after the fumble. On the drive after the fumble, Green Bay had 1st and goal from 6 yard line, and tried a 1 yard run with Starks and then started throwing the ball, and ended up settling for a FG. It was very 2012 Texas A&M-ish of Green Bay! :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.