Eddie Lacy now second best runningback on Packers team?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They ended up letting him come back in late in the game, but they did bench him for a long stretch after the fumble. On the drive after the fumble, Green Bay had 1st and goal from 6 yard line, and tried a 1 yard run with Starks and then started throwing the ball, and ended up settling for a FG. It was very 2012 Texas A&M-ish of Green Bay! :)
Yeah, but Starks was the reason that they went down the field on that drive. I don't blame them for sticking with him in the red zone.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Yeah, but Starks was the reason that they went down the field on that drive. I don't blame them for sticking with him in the red zone.
They got the ball on like the 30 because a long KO return on that drive. I remember Starks catching a pass and having one decent run, but it's not like he marched them down the field.

Either way, I just disagree with pulling a great RB for a fumble when QB's and WR's are usually not held to the same standards, especially with a soaking wet ball.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They got the ball on like the 30 because a long KO return on that drive. I remember Starks catching a pass and having one decent run, but it's not like he marched them down the field.

Either way, I just disagree with pulling a great RB for a fumble when QB's and WR's are usually not held to the same standards, especially with a soaking wet ball.
You are right - forgot about that.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Found this interesting..
Funny they just did the same thing to EL on 4th and goal from the half -yard line with Rodgers failing to sneak it in and Lacy stuck idly behind him in the backfield. McCarthy's got a h*ll of a lot of dunderhead calls to answer for this year, and probably half of them involve Lacy (or not). So what's *still* wrong with Eddie Lacy? Not a doggone thing that decent blocking and better coaching couldn't take care of.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Funny they just did the same thing to EL on 4th and goal from the half -yard line with Rodgers failing to sneak it in and Lacy stuck idly behind him in the backfield. McCarthy's got a h*ll of a lot of dunderhead calls to answer for this year, and probably half of them involve Lacy (or not). So what's *still* wrong with Eddie Lacy? Not a doggone thing that decent blocking and better coaching couldn't take care of.

Just sent an email to my buddy in Elkhorn saying the exact thing.

That last play Eddie was the tailback...didn't get the rock....and ended up just standing behind the pile. :rolleyes:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
McCarthy's afraid if Lacy gets the ball and scores from the red zone, he'll have to discipline Lacy for flunking his Lambeau Leap.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Lacy has definitely gained some weight but for him to go crazy against Dallas and then not see the ball again the last couple series is retarded.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just tuned in the game and looks like Lacy has 18 rushes for 80 yards so far. Hopefully Lacy can really get it going now..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Actually make that 23 for 123 yards and a TD for Lacy. Is he still overweight or nah?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.