Eddie Lacy now second best runningback on Packers team?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
First picture of Lacy at the Packers OTA/camp today. Looks noticeably slimmer to me. Should be a big contributor for the Pack this year..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The interesting thing is that while Eddie's carries were down last year, his average per carry was identical to his rookie season. So, the weight loss might be important for taking away their excuse not to play Eddie than anything else.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Could it be possible that he`s lost too much?
No. The comparison photo from last year, unless I'm mistaken, Eddie was wearing a rib pad protector.
That wasn't fat.
He's lost 15-18 pounds and,to me, he simply looks like he's in the best physical condition of his career.
Eddie and his family made it through Katrina. Trust me, that was a very tough time.
He has some discipline and I believe this will be a break out year for him.
sip

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Really good article that provides insight to Lacy's training regimen..

P90X Creator Tony Horton opens up about working with Eddie Lacy.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/380698881.html
Thanks. That was awesome. I liked the line where Horton said he was in the best shape of his life due to training Eddie Lacy. Eddie is going to blow it up this year and sign a big contract hopefully with the Pack.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He looks fit, we can all see that. If they have a problem with him at this point, it has nothing to do with his weight and it might never have had anything to do with it.
Man, You can be at 240.. and look fit... If he was 230.. he would be very skinny but fit but wouldnt hold up well against physical game... Packers should just say " okay, I'll accept this "

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Doesn't look like there's any way he's close to 240 in the most recent pictures we've seen posted.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I suspect they know more about where he needs to be than we do...
But does that necessarily have anything to do with his weight?

As I mentioned earlier, his production (yards per carry) was the same was when he was a rookie and everyone was pleased with his performance. Not only that, but the guy they were replacing him with last year wasn't any more productive. It's one thing to say the weight is an issue, but when you are basically benching a guy for someone who isn't doing any better, doesn't it make it seem like there's more to it than that?

How would the Packers have handled Jerome Bettis for example? I wondered about the weight complaints with Eddie when they started, and I really wonder now if they continue. To me if it was just a weight thing all along it should have been hey Eddie you are doing a good job (once again his production was fine), but we want you to be in better shape. Instead it was like hey Eddie you're fat and now we're going to play some guy who isn't any better than you. It just seems like more of an insult than anything else.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.