Eddie Lacy now second best runningback on Packers team?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I had the sports radio on this morning. I don't follow pro ball very closely. I had been under the impression Lacy was really doing well at Green Bay, but they said he's not the starting running back now. He's evidently been in a mini-slump, fighting poor stats and nagging injuries.
I hope he returns to top form, and hasn't started a long decline. The info about his being demoted caught me off guard, I just wasn't aware he was struggling this season.

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015...o-James-Starks-over-Eddie-Lacy/8151447478374/

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league. Lacy has not been very productive this season.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He's been nicked up all year. I don't think he's fat or overweight but I think it would help him out a lot to drop 10-15 pounds. If the Packers make the playoffs and Lacy is healthy he will be an impact player when it matters..

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I hate to be so LSU about it but their offensive line has been pretty terrible this year. Denver was able to get to AR with little issue in a game earlier this year. I pull for Denver but always like to see Eddie Lacy and Clinton-Dix do well, just because.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I have seen him slow a few times this year but it looks more like his injuries (ankle) are bugging him. No sounds, no quick slants.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
He's been nursing a groin injury the last couple weeks. I think anybody could see how that would be fairly debilitating for a RB...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Anyone who has watched the past three years knows Eddie Lacy is better than Starks. Lacy has had multiple injuries and is having a down year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I read his comments, that he could not explain troubles, I think the "mystery" is that he's playing injured. This is his contract season, and when they look at his body "no pun" of work, he will be rewarded with a good extension and contract. This is temporary, and I am not alarmed. He has a lot of tread left on his tires. When healthy, he is a top 7 back

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
They were just fine the first six weeks, minus their running game. Lacy has been bad all year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Why don't you start a, "Let's Talk Bad About Eddie Lacy" thread.
I hate when this crap starts happening.
Lacy has been injured since the first game. He had a high ankle sprain that was way more serious than most thought.
The Pack tried to play him but he just couldn't go full out, full time.
So guess what know it all? They play in one of the weakest divisions in football.
They're trying to get Eddie well for when it really counts.
There's 8 more games to go in the regular season in the NFL.
Much less the playoffs, which the Packers will be in.
Eddie hasn't been, "Bad" all year, he's been, "Hurt" all year.
It's ridiculous how so many Bama fans are so perfectly ready to simply ridicule former Bama players when they're in the real world of the NFL and not in the confines of Bryant-Denny.
Especially, when they have no real knowledge of the situation.
sip

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Why don't you start a, "Let's Talk Bad About Eddie Lacy" thread.
I hate when this crap starts happening.
Lacy has been injured since the first game. He had a high ankle sprain that was way more serious than most thought.
The Pack tried to play him but he just couldn't go full out, full time.
So guess what know it all? They play in one of the weakest divisions in football.
They're trying to get Eddie well for when it really counts.
There's 8 more games to go in the regular season in the NFL.
Much less the playoffs, which the Packers will be in.
Eddie hasn't been, "Bad" all year, he's been, "Hurt" all year.
It's ridiculous how so many Bama fans are so perfectly ready to simply ridicule former Bama players when they're in the real world of the NFL and not in the confines of Bryant-Denny.
Especially, when they have no real knowledge of the situation.
sip
I'll redact what I said.

He had two "good" games, but other than that he's played pretty lousy. Is it because of weight? I don't know. Is it because of nagging injuries? Perhaps.

Long story short he needed to be benched until healthy if that's the case.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'll redact what I said.

He had two "good" games, but other than that he's played pretty lousy. Is it because of weight? I don't know. Is it because of nagging injuries? Perhaps.

Long story short he needed to be benched until healthy if that's the case.

O.K., so if he had two good games, got hurt, then needed to be benched because he was literally injured, then how has he been, "Bad all season"?
Are you currently living in Opelika or Auburn?
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.