Bo or Damien?

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
If you think of it from a 'role' perspective, I think we might see Damien pick up 'Drake' plays and Bo pick up 'Henry' plays this week. After Henry is through for the day, of course.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Who subs in for Henry when he needs a breather until Drake returns? I'm guessing we'll find out next Saturday since they should get 25+ carries between the two of them.

I would bet on Bo. Damien hasn't been that impressive to me. He looks more like the 3rd RB we signed in a big class than the #1 RB coming out of HS. Bo looks a bit rusty, but he has shown some flashes to me. 10-15 carries Saturday and I think he'll be ready to play a big role against AU and Florida.
More concerning to me is the second string offensive line that Damien has to run behind.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Damien's had more game reps than Bo and I'm guessing more total practice reps (since Bo was injured for a bit), so I'm guessing that Damien will the #2 back. But from the tidbits Saban drops, it sounds like Bo is coming on quickly. Hopefully this week affords both ample opportunity to get live reps.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Harris actually got a few snaps against MSU before drake went down. He never got the ball, but he was in there. I'll have to watch again, but I think he ran a couple of plays from the H, and a couple in the drake role with henry still in the game.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Harris actually got a few snaps against MSU before drake went down. He never got the ball, but he was in there. I'll have to watch again, but I think he ran a couple of plays from the H, and a couple in the drake role with henry still in the game.
He had at least one carry that I recall.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Agree with everyone saying you can't tell much from Harris's duty so far. I'm pretty sure he came really close to fumbling late in the 4th though against MSU. That's the quickest way to get Bo on the field if you're Harris.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Agree with everyone saying you can't tell much from Harris's duty so far. I'm pretty sure he came really close to fumbling late in the 4th though against MSU. That's the quickest way to get Bo on the field if you're Harris.

It was Bo that nearly fumbled. He took the ball off right tackle and a Miss State defender nearly knocked it loose with a swipe. He bobbled it and had to spin around to regain control. The play looked like it might break for something big before the bobble. IIRC, it still went for 7-8 yards.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I am hopeful, that henry will not have to carry the ball more than 12 times. I expect Damien and bo to get some big game experience. I remember that bo is considered a good pass receiver, maybe he will get chance as well.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Bo has a huge upside. Damien hasn't shown much in his few carries.
In his defense, Damien has been in behind the 2nd team O-line and has gotten snowed under most of the time. When he has had some space, he's had a few nice runs. He had a nice looking 41 yard against MTSU, and a couple good looking runs against Wisconsin.

I do think he will benefit from a year in the strength program and will likely be much better next year. He showed some serious wheels when he ran down the DB that intercepted Bateman in the ULM game.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Some players wear braces even when 100% for mental reasons.
Maybe, but I'm not so sure? Coach said a few weeks ago that Bo was going to be more involved and that really hasn't happened. I think it is either he is not at full speed, or he is not up to speed with assignments, etc.
Either way we are going to need Harris and/or Bo to give DH some much needed relief down the stretch. Was really getting excited about Drake in the LSU game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.