Bo or Damien?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Both, but primarily Harris in passing situations.
Why would you think Harris would play in passing situations? The way I look at it, but will get equal carries.. behind Henry rotating in and out.. so Henry Carries will be low maybe in 10-15 and be done with it. I think this week is the audition week to see who performs well because going into Auburn will be no. 2 ( possiblity if Drake isn't back) This would be good week for Bo to get more carries and see what he can do when he's in the game long enough to make impact.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
if 'm not mistaken, and I may be, but is Bo still eligible for a red shirt? the roster that I was looking at lists him as a freshman. if the two plays he ran earlier this year didn't "burn" his redshirt, we may not see him till next year.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Why would you think Harris would play in passing situations? The way I look at it, but will get equal carries.. behind Henry rotating in and out.. so Henry Carries will be low maybe in 10-15 and be done with it. I think this week is the audition week to see who performs well because going into Auburn will be no. 2 ( possiblity if Drake isn't back) This would be good week for Bo to get more carries and see what he can do when he's in the game long enough to make impact.
Harris came in on passing situations with the first team offense last week after Drakes injury. Therefore I think he'll se more action this week in passing situations.
As far as actual rushing carries I think both will be used about equally.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
if 'm not mistaken, and I may be, but is Bo still eligible for a red shirt? the roster that I was looking at lists him as a freshman. if the two plays he ran earlier this year didn't "burn" his redshirt, we may not see him till next year.
one play burns a red shirt..... unless an injury occurs in the first 25% of the season. He played last week, therefore, no red shirt.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I can see Harris getting more reps in the roles Drake was playing. I do think they will both get a lot of looks this week.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
How do we know they'll even play? Does anyone here remember the Georgia Southern game? I'll give you a hint. It had something to do with a tin horn.

(Blue is for sarcasm, this isn't quite sarcasm, but is tongue-in-cheek, so I figure I should use a different font.)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Bo seems to have a higher ceiling but Damien Harris has more snaps in practice and games this season. I imagine that Harris will get the first look but they'll try out Bo if they don't like how Harris looks out there.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Getting our 3rd and 4th backs carries since they're gonna be 2nd and 3rd for at least one more week was a huge benefit.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
More concerning to me is the second string offensive line that Damien has to run behind.
To me, it always seems like our second "unit" is usually half as good as the first "unit", but many of those same players are todays starter. I think it has more to do with chemistry and coaching our 1st string unit to be a well oiled machine through repetition in practice more so than the caliber of each individual player.

Bo seems to have the "it" factor out the gate that our previous great backs had, like he really wanted to make a strong first impression with yards after contact. Seeing Clark and Marks looking good is comforting considering we will start a sophomore next year for the first time since Ingram.......Heisman and NC! I know a good back has to block, but foremost that have to gain yards, and I believe Bo will do that well next year either 1st or 2nd string. This year, I think it stays Harris then Bo, unless Henry is flat worn out. Bo seems due to break one to me.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Harris is probably further along as a pass protector but that is really just supposition on my part due to his increased number of reps relative to Scarborough.

I imagine that Harris will get more "rotation" snaps to give Henry some rest but Bo might be the choice when everybody on the field knows it is a run and for some reason Henry is on the sideline getting a breather.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Bo looked good when they just turned and handed him the ball in the pistol formation I believe it was. He had a nice first step toward the line. His pass blocking though like was said above needs some polishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.