Bo or Damien?

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
At this point, I like Bo better. Harris just doesnt seem to run with authority, he may be a little to shifty. I know he had some good runs , I just like the way Bo hits the hole and uses his power and speed. The marks kid showed some speed on the jet sweeps, though I dont think he will see any action.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
They're totally different backs. Not sure why people keep comparing them to 2a and 2b. They will be asked to do different things too. Honestly I think we got our answer on some packages when Coach pulled the RS off Xavian Marks. All 3 are highly talented on their own and I look forward to seeing them grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
They're totally different backs. Not sure why people keep comparing them to 2a and 2b. They will be asked to do different things too. Honestly I think we got our answer on some packages when Coach pulled the RS off Xavian Marks. All 3 are highly talented on their own and I look forward to seeing them grow.

Marks definitely has some speed. I look forward to seeing more of him.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I think that, like someone else in this thread said (bamacon), they'll be asked to do different things in the offense. However, they should be effective in what they do. I think once we nail downthe QB for next year we will be pretty good.
I look for us to flip the script a little next year vs this year though both years (as usual) share some similarities. Our O, assuming a more dynamic QB (?), could be more explosive than this years. The D will be talented but not quite as experience as this years. So the O may carry the D as opposed to this year where the D has carried the O. Just my opinion.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I look for us to flip the script a little next year vs this year though both years (as usual) share some similarities. Our O, assuming a more dynamic QB (?), could be more explosive than this years. The D will be talented but not quite as experience as this years. So the O may carry the D as opposed to this year where the D has carried the O. Just my opinion.
That could certainly happen. ALthough I thought the same thing about experience, but then started looking at who I thought would be stepping up and we're in much better shape than I thought with experienced guys stepping up.

In our base D, we're replacing 3 of 3 DL (plus 2 top backups in Pettway and prob Allen); 3 of 4 LBs; 2 of 4 DBs, however almost all the guys who are stepping up have played major roles this year already.

On DL, Payne has played a lot, as have Tomlinson and Hand - maybe Allen stays. Frazier has also played a good bit. That said, I don't think we can expect them to be quite as dominant as the crew we have right now, and we'll be looking at some young guys to provide depth behind them

At OLB I think we're going to be fine - Anderson and Williams have been very good and have played a LOT, and the guys behind them have played regularly.

ILB should be fine for starters with Foster and SDH, but there is almost no experienced depth behind them - only holcombe - so that's a concern.

In the secondary we're actually looking good with Minkah probably sliding out to CB from star. Harrison might take over for Smith at FS, or brown could take that spot then slide down to star in nickle and Brown back deep. Either way it's all guys who have played a lot.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
^^

Agreed. Can't expect 2016 def line to perform like 2015s. Can't find crimson colored glasses that powerful. :)

Sorry to join in the hijack. Did OJ Smith or Johnny Dwight get playing time on the DL against Char So? Or any so far this year?

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
If you think of it from a 'role' perspective, I think we might see Damien pick up 'Drake' plays and Bo pick up 'Henry' plays this week. After Henry is through for the day, of course.
I agree. (Like Button...) Bo can run the same type plays as Henry. I see him spelling him. Damien can run a lot of the plays Drake did at # 2. I THINK WE HAVE GUYS WHO CAN RELIEVE HENRY THE REST OF THE WAY. Hope to get Drake back too before this year is out.
Bo and Damien will make a potent pair next year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
^^

Agreed. Can't expect 2016 def line to perform like 2015s. Can't find crimson colored glasses that powerful. :)

Sorry to join in the hijack. Did OJ Smith or Johnny Dwight get playing time on the DL against Char So? Or any so far this year?
Agreed but some of our fans thought the 2012 defense would be better than 2011 defense and some thought our 2013 OL would be better than our 2012 OL. We will definitely not be as dominant on the DL or defense next year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Agreed but some of our fans thought the 2012 defense would be better than 2011 defense and some thought our 2013 OL would be better than our 2012 OL. We will definitely not be as dominant on the DL or defense next year.
Every fan base has crazies - try not to listen to them.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
That could certainly happen. ALthough I thought the same thing about experience, but then started looking at who I thought would be stepping up and we're in much better shape than I thought with experienced guys stepping up.

In our base D, we're replacing 3 of 3 DL (plus 2 top backups in Pettway and prob Allen); 3 of 4 LBs; 2 of 4 DBs, however almost all the guys who are stepping up have played major roles this year already.

On DL, Payne has played a lot, as have Tomlinson and Hand - maybe Allen stays. Frazier has also played a good bit. That said, I don't think we can expect them to be quite as dominant as the crew we have right now, and we'll be looking at some young guys to provide depth behind them

At OLB I think we're going to be fine - Anderson and Williams have been very good and have played a LOT, and the guys behind them have played regularly.

ILB should be fine for starters with Foster and SDH, but there is almost no experienced depth behind them - only holcombe - so that's a concern.

In the secondary we're actually looking good with Minkah probably sliding out to CB from star. Harrison might take over for Smith at FS, or brown could take that spot then slide down to star in nickle and Brown back deep. Either way it's all guys who have played a lot.
Do not and do not assume Reuben Foster will be back. He is seriously getting some major looks by pro scouts already. I'm talking Rd 1-2 type looks. His coverage skills and closing speed is the MAJOR thing that NFL teams look for at his position. He might come back like RR to cement a Rd 1 spot but he's getting sniffs I assure you.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Do not and do not assume Reuben Foster will be back. He is seriously getting some major looks by pro scouts already. I'm talking Rd 1-2 type looks. His coverage skills and closing speed is the MAJOR thing that NFL teams look for at his position. He might come back like RR to cement a Rd 1 spot but he's getting sniffs I assure you.

if he leaves early, we're going to be super thin experience wise at ILB. scary thin really. I think Foster has had a decent year, but really surprised to hear he's getting that type of look since I still see times when he looks a bit uncertain in coverage and appears to not make the right reads and transitions.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Seems like Bo is more in the mold of the recent #1 RB's - Lacy, Yeldon and Henry. Harris isn't small by any means but definitely smaller than what Alabama has had as the lead running back the past few years. Harris is listed at 5"11 205 lbs which means he's probably 5"9 or 5"10. That doesn't mean he can't be successful but I think he needs to get a little bigger and put on some "good weight" if he wants to have the lead role..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

In an inteview from yesterday.. He talked about how Foster improved so much and he will be ready to lead the team next year.... but if Foster grades out in first round, Saban will probably tell him to go. But then again, Ragland was graded late first round.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Seems like Bo is more in the mold of the recent #1 RB's - Lacy, Yeldon and Henry. Harris isn't small by any means but definitely smaller than what Alabama has had as the lead running back the past few years. Harris is listed at 5"11 205 lbs which means he's probably 5"9 or 5"10. That doesn't mean he can't be successful but I think he needs to get a little bigger and put on some "good weight" if he wants to have the lead role..
True, but Ingram was listed as 5"11; 195 coming out of HS so where Harris is now isn't that far out of the realm of what we've been successful with. Like you said though, Harris would need to add some bulk as Ingram did to handle the workload.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I agree. Mel Kiper said Reuben could be 1 of 6 Bama players that could go in round 1 along with Robinson, Reed, Allen, Ragland and Henry. He said his passing covering skills are terrific as you said. I won't him back badly but if he is a 1st rounder he has to go.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I just don't see Reuben being a 1st rounder at this point. Honestly I've thought all year he needed to improve in coverage. I'm not sure he can stay healthy enough if he plays every down. Ragland is a much better LB and as said earlier he's probably a late 1st rounder himself and I definitely don't see Foster going before Ragland. But I agree, if he grades at 1st or 2nd round go. Especially when he already has a kid, etc.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Harris, to me, has been a mild disappointment, showing little of the explosiveness that popped off the page during the mop-up days of Drake or Tyren Jones. Let's hope for a breakout run or two from both him and Bo.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
I agree. (Like Button...) Bo can run the same type plays as Henry. I see him spelling him. Damien can run a lot of the plays Drake did at # 2. I THINK WE HAVE GUYS WHO CAN RELIEVE HENRY THE REST OF THE WAY. Hope to get Drake back too before this year is out.
Bo and Damien will make a potent pair next year.
Agreed. I think our OL will be greatly improved. Plus, even with a new QB, I think our passing game will be a strength next year with Ridley and Stewart returning, plus we get Robert Foster back from injury. I also think someone like Charlot will get some reps next year. If we get good QB play, next year's offense has the potential to be the best in the Saban era when you really think about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.