Bo or Damien?

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Who subs in for Henry when he needs a breather until Drake returns? I'm guessing we'll find out next Saturday since they should get 25+ carries between the two of them.

I would bet on Bo. Damien hasn't been that impressive to me. He looks more like the 3rd RB we signed in a big class than the #1 RB coming out of HS. Bo looks a bit rusty, but he has shown some flashes to me. 10-15 carries Saturday and I think he'll be ready to play a big role against AU and Florida.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think Harris. He handles the ball better. But, I think it will be a mix.

Who subs in for Henry when he needs a breather until Drake returns? I'm guessing we'll find out next Saturday since they should get 25+ carries between the two of them.

I would bet on Bo. Damien hasn't been that impressive to me. He looks more like the 3rd RB we signed in a big class than the #1 RB coming out of HS. Bo looks a bit rusty, but he has shown some flashes to me. 10-15 carries Saturday and I think he'll be ready to play a big role against AU and Florida.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I don't see how you can look at their in game carries and get anything. Both of them have been in with the 2nd string and in garbage time. The real answer is whoever understands blocking assignments the best will get to play.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't see how you can look at their in game carries and get anything. Both of them have been in with the 2nd string and in garbage time. The real answer is whoever understands blocking assignments the best will get to play.
Agreed. Harris took over Kenyan's role against MSU on the motion/jet sweep plays. I have a feeling these plays will be shelved. Both are capable and lets see who steps up.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I would like to see Henry get a quick 100 yards and a TD (to continue his streak) and then for him to sit about 2/3 of the game.

Lot's of BS an DH...we actually probably need both of them to step up and be ready!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I don't see any way it wont be both; I think Harris out of the backfield to show what he can do in the open field. Considering he's only a true freshman, I think he'll be OK. But Bama will need both of them for at least the last two games.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Let's let the next game decide which one will be doing to most subbing for Henry. That game could serve as a tryout. What about the RB who was a DB last year? Is he in the discussion?

Also, how long to we play Henry in the next game? We do NOT need him hurt prior to playing the Barn. If it wouldn't hurt his Heisman chances, I'd give Henry a vacation next week. You know winning the NC is MUCH more important than someone winning the Heisman Trophy.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I like the vision and the ability to wait on the blocking demonstrated by DH but the big play potential that BS has is obliviously there... I see this as a look into the future..

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Like it has been said, neither have had carries with the 1st team so it's hard to know which one is better at this point. Also like it has been said, I think both get snaps against Charleston Southern so they can figure out which one to go with.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The one that's best in pass protection. Both will be great RBs for Bama before its all said and done. But all they have to do this season is help advance the ball and do well in pass protection.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Harris will get the first reps after Henry...but I fully expect both guys to get significant snaps this week. Hope Henry gets his yards and a TD early and sits for most if not all of the 2nd half.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..Harris will come off the bench as our 2nd string RB..Bo won't be truly unleashed until next year I have a feeling..
Harris will get the first reps after Henry...but I fully expect both guys to get significant snaps this week. Hope Henry gets his yards and a TD early and sits for most if not all of the 2nd half.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You can't judge Harris on dive and stretch plays with the game well in hand other than to say he does a pretty good job holding on to the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Like it has been said, neither have had carries with the 1st team so it's hard to know which one is better at this point. Also like it has been said, I think both get snaps against Charleston Southern so they can figure out which one to go with.
And may not have that many carries with the first team this week. At least I hope not.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.