What do we know about Charleston Southern?

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Looks like their OC/OL coach is from UA.
http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/giardina_gabe

Giardina worked as an graduate assistant at his alma mater, Alabama, from ’05-‘07. In 2005 he worked with special teams...

In 2006, Giardina transitioned to the offensive line...

During his time at Alabama, Giardina worked for both Mike Shula and current Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban. Giardina also played for the Crimson Tide from 2000 until 2003. He appeared in nine games and earned Academic All-SEC honors in 2003.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
They are top 20 in the FCS, so they aren't terrible. They are headed to the playoffs, so I doubt they want to risk anyone getting hurt or banged up any more than we do. If they are a running team, I imagine they'll be happy to shorten the game, take their check (and their beating) and head home.

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
They have an FCS playoff game the weekend following our game. If we can take care of business in the 1st quarter, they may pull their key players early like we do.

They run an offense similar to that cow college, so it should be a good tune-up game as far as preparation goes.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
They have an FCS playoff game the weekend following our game. If we can take care of business in the 1st quarter, they may pull their key players early like we do.

They run an offense similar to that cow college, so it should be a good tune-up game as far as preparation goes.

Good point. "Your reward for playing in the FCS playoff...is playing Bama the week before". Ouch.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Top tackler - a LB - is 220 lbs. #2 at LB is 215 lbs. Went to the same school as D Henry.
Leading tackler at DL - 245 lbs. #2 is 250 lbs.
Leading tackler at DB in at 195 lbs. #2 at DB is 190 lbs.

We should not see Henry, Coker, etc. much past the 1st qtr , I suspect.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
The offense... Great tune up game for Auburn...
UMM...I don't know. Are we sure, regardless of CS's success within their conference, should we grant them the same status as the barn, in relation as to their possible expertise with their offensive system? Other than the actual blocking and tackling, could not Bama's scout team exercise that option as well or better in helping prepare Bama for the trip to west georgia? Just asking.

Roll Tide! Beat CSU!

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
They are top 20 in the FCS, so they aren't terrible. They are headed to the playoffs, so I doubt they want to risk anyone getting hurt or banged up any more than we do. If they are a running team, I imagine they'll be happy to shorten the game, take their check (and their beating) and head home.
Who isn't ? :wink:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
We know that they need money. Why else would they subject themselves to the upcoming beating on Saturday?

Honestly, I see no good reason to play a team of this caliber so late in the season.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
They are 9-1, won the Big South, and are ranked the #8 FCS team. Last year they made the playoffs and went 8-4. Troy beat them badly. I do keep up with FCS football. Interesting to note they are 9-1, won the Big South, and are ranked #8. Coastal Carolina is 9-1, finished as runner up in the Big South, lost to CS, and is the #4 ranked FCS team. Um what? And I thought the FBS ranking system was flawed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.