Legion Field, Birmingham, Alabama
Wednesday, Dec. 30, noon (ESPN)

McMurphy: Cincinnati vs. Auburn
Had to chuckle at this one. WingNut vs his previous employer.:p_green:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the South call you: 'Jee-suz'. We thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominos, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell. I just want to take time to say thank you for my family: my two beautiful, beautiful, handsome striking sons, Walker: Texas Ranger, or TR as we call him. And, of course, my red hot smokin' wife Carley, who is a stone cold fox, who if you would rate her on 100, she would easily be a 94. ..Dear Lord Baby Jesus, please put the university of auburn versus that team from up north coached by the guy with the big ears, who used to coach the university of auburn. Thank you, for all your power and your grace, Dear Baby God, Amen."

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
The question is would auburn accept the bid? They hate legion field. But if this happens I'm going and wearing black and red.
I know they can refuse the bid, but to stay home mean a lot of lost revenue for the SEC and Auburn. They still have to payoff CHeezit. In past years when papa johns sponsored the game it was easy to get free tickets. I am sure it would show the love we all have for Aubarn if 10,000 bama fans showed up at Legion Field .

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
There's a thread on ITAT discussing if they'd even accept the bid. There's mixed emotions about it.

They hate B'ham.
They are embarrassed their program has come to this.
Some don't believe it would help their program.
They hate B'ham!

But how do you turn down the money?

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
There's a thread on ITAT discussing if they'd even accept the bid. There's mixed emotions about it.

They hate B'ham.
They hate B'ham!

At this point, they need the weeks of practice more than they need the money. Although, I'm not sure it would help that much.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

They hate B'ham.
They hate B'ham!

Of course they would accept the bid! And if they were to win, they start cranking up the tractors for a victory parade and we would have to hear them complain about not getting into the CFP.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I know they can refuse the bid, but to stay home mean a lot of lost revenue for the SEC and Auburn. They still have to payoff CHeezit. In past years when papa johns sponsored the game it was easy to get free tickets. I am sure it would show the love we all have for Aubarn if 10,000 bama fans showed up at Legion Field .
Are you sure about that? I believe the SEC is obligated to fill the Bowl tie-in spots if they have Bowl eligible teams. Wouldn't think the contract would be a one-way street.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
i think all bowl revenue from the conference is pooled and distributed later next year to all the member schools. Still, to get a payout I would think a bowl eligible team would have to play in one to maximize what cut of the pie that they get. And with their AD running a deficit last year one would think tha this revenue they cannot afford to pass up.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
There is no way the SEC would let them refuse to play in that game. Would love to hammer them on the 28th and send them there. Thanks Jay Jacobs and keep up the good work.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Only thing that would make this better is to rename it "Richard Scrushy's Dance Party" Bowl and invite Larry Langford and his Diving Beluga Whales as the halftime entertainment.

Could have a "Fambly Fun Zone" outside with a Jay Jacobs/Bobby Lowder Dunking Booth and an interactive hide and seek game where you help Pat Dye find his pants....

The possibilities are endless...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.