Alabama-Auburn - 2:30 Kickoff on CBS

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Go back and watch the 92 Bama vs Miami game, You can just hear it in Keith Jacksons voice he was tickled that Bama whipped them. Nothing he said just his inflection
Funny you use those choice of words........that's exactly the words Keith Jackson would have used to describe it.

I met Jackson and his wife in DFW airport many moons ago. Shook his hand and told him how much I enjoyed his broadcasts. I was surprised to see how big he was in person.......I wonder if he ever played any football? Certainly had the size for it.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Funny you use those choice of words........that's exactly the words Keith Jackson would have used to describe it.

I met Jackson and his wife in DFW airport many moons ago. Shook his hand and told him how much I enjoyed his broadcasts. I was surprised to see how big he was in person.......I wonder if he ever played any football? Certainly had the size for it.
No, Keith Jackson never played football. He began his broadcasting career in 1952 and retired in 2006.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I was a HUGE Keith Jackson fan back in the day but even he was not nearly as good late in his career as when he was in his prime. I never was crazy about Bob Griese as his sidekick, they just never seemed to mesh very well IMHO. If I'm not mistaken KJ warned Mike Price about taking the Bama job because he knew that Price's womanizing and drinking would not turn out well in the deep south.
He did warn Price. I was listening to a Birmingham radio show the night Price was hired and they were interviewing Jackson. He said he was heartbroken when Price told him he was taking the job because he knew it was too big for him. I don't remember anything being said about womanizing or drinking, though.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
He did warn Price. I was listening to a Birmingham radio show the night Price was hired and they were interviewing Jackson. He said he was heartbroken when Price told him he was taking the job because he knew it was too big for him. I don't remember anything being said about womanizing or drinking, though.
I think CMM warned Price as well about shutting down bars at night in Tuscaloosa and carousing if I was told correctly--even before the incident in Pensacola.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The Blackledge/Nessler combo is the only combo worthy of listening to TV wise these days.

Keith Jackson is one of the all time best broadcasters though.
I liked the Brent Musburger/Herbstreit pairing. Brent was unjustly scorned during the height of the still going PC police era after his innocent comments about Catherine Webb. I believe the two are connected. You have to love when Brent says Touchdown AlaBAMA!

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
I liked the Brent Musburger/Herbstreit pairing. Brent was unjustly scorned during the height of the still going PC police era after his innocent comments about Catherine Webb. I believe the two are connected. You have to love when Brent says Touchdown AlaBAMA!
Sorry to disagree, but musburger is THE WORST EVER. Yes, EVER. PERIOD. EVER.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I also like Musburger. He is solid with good pipes, and he is old enough now to tell the PC police to kiss his rear.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was a HUGE Keith Jackson fan back in the day but even he was not nearly as good late in his career as when he was in his prime. I never was crazy about Bob Griese as his sidekick, they just never seemed to mesh very well IMHO. If I'm not mistaken KJ warned Mike Price about taking the Bama job because he knew that Price's womanizing and drinking would not turn out well in the deep south.
They had plenty of warning, including for yours truly. I happened to have a source in Washington state. They knew what they were getting...

22Musso22

I don't get the dislike for Brent Musburger. He is also one of my favorites. He is far passed his prime now, but I always thought he was an unbiased and fair announcer. I like Kirk Herbstreit too, but really don't like Fowler at all. I miss the Musburger/Herbstreit combo.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Sideline reporter for the game, as if you needed another reason to watch
She is total class and more. Even Coach Saban looks her in the eye, which is rare. Brent Musburger would agree that Allie is a raving beauty. She has that Scandinavian thing going.

22Musso22

For the life of me, I have no idea why women wearing lipstick and makeup have to be on every football sideline with a microphone every Saturday and Sunday.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For the life of me, I have no idea why women wearing lipstick and makeup have to be on every football sideline with a microphone every Saturday and Sunday.
Football and beautiful women - inseparable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.