Alabama-Auburn - 2:30 Kickoff on CBS

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I think ESPN may have the first choice a time or two during the season. My guess is that CBS and ESPN struck some kind of deal to allow CBS to televise this game much like they did with the Bama-LSU game in 2011.
I think ESPN used to - but CBS new deal in 2013 gave them 1st choice every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Well this gives Henry the stage. And as long as we do what we do...he will get the CBS prime time game for 2 weeks in a row.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I suspect that once the SEC Network was allowed to have games during the 2:30 CBS time slot, then CBS was allowed to ditch the 5 times per year limit for any one team.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
The simple fact is that Alabama is by far the largest national draw for ratings. .
Generally speaking yes. But I very seriously doubt it, as that day is also Michigan vs Ohio state. Pretty sure they'll be the prime time game and if there's a team that has anywhere near add much hatred nationally, is Ohio state

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
As much as I think we're going to wipe the field with Auburn this year, I'd rather it not be a night game to give the crowd any additional edge. The 2:30 time slot should be good for keeping it all business and maintaining focus.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
As much as I think we're going to wipe the field with Auburn this year, I'd rather it not be a night game to give the crowd any additional edge. The 2:30 time slot should be good for keeping it all business and maintaining focus.
The only thing that concerns me about a 2:30 game is that the team bus will need to leave the hotel by 6am to get to the stadium in time for kickoff due to all the wrecks that are no doubt bound to happen on the roads between Jordan-Hare and the hotel. The players and coaches will have to get up early and will probably be tired and grouchy. Hopefully there won't be any loud noises and/or fire alarms during the night at the hotel.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm thankful we didn't have a 11 central game this year. I hate that time slot. It really shocked me that our game this week isn't the early time slot. I think Gary and Vern are harmless and at least sometime entertaining . RTR!

bamafan2102

Scout Team
Jun 3, 2006
Gadsden
I won tickets to the Auburn vs. Georgia game last week from my job and decided to go. They were on the 50 yard line Row 2 where we could not see a dang thing other than the Prayer in Jordan Hare on the jumbotron about 10 times, so I would imagine the kick 6 will be played a few dozen times.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.