Alabama-Auburn - 2:30 Kickoff on CBS

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Wow! I'm surprised at the 2:30 time slot. I love it though...it makes it much easier to travel to and from Auburn.
Now...if we can just get a nice sunny day.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Wow! I'm surprised at the 2:30 time slot. I love it though...it makes it much easier to travel to and from Auburn.
Now...if we can just get a nice sunny day.
I don't know. We seem to play really well when it's raining (or recently stopped raining). Not that we should need any help.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
cool. i like the cbs games because i don't have to stream them and deal with the annoying delays and inevitable streaming problems that happen

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I'm really surprised they didn't pick UF vs FSU for the 2:30 slot. I guess a game that could possibly determine the West is much more interesting than an OOC game.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Slim Pickens for CBS.. Ole Sis and AM, or LSU vs Aggies. I guess they think we will have more views than either of those two. I am a bit surprised with Aubarns poor play.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
they can be annoying, for sure, but i really don't have a big problem with them.
I don't have a problem with Gary & Verne either. Most of the complaints about Gary & Verne is due the false outrage society that we live in today that is fueled by social media, message boards, and because they are not constant sunshine pumpers for Alabama. However, it is popular these days to trash people and people like to beat a dead horse too.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I'm so tired of CBS covering our games... Don't know how much longer I can take Verne and Gary

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
I don't have a problem with Gary & Verne either. Most of the complaints about Gary & Verne is due the false outrage society that we live in today that is fueled by social media, message boards, and because they are not constant sunshine pumpers for Alabama. However, it is popular these days to trash people and people like to beat a dead horse too.
I just have to chuckle at Vern and personally, I think Gary is one of the best analysts out there, right up with Blackledge and Herbstreit.

The only reason I am surprised at this is because I thought CBS had their fill with Bama game and couldn't televise anymore. I don't have a problem with Bert and Ernie, I meant Gary and Verne. I've actually found them enjoyable lately because Verne is messing everything up and it's hilarious. I actually like Gary because to me, he does give good inight. Others have complained about him saying the same thing about how to beat Bama. He isn't wrong in that. He's dead on. Just so few have done it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.