Link: ISIS' ("DAESH") underlying theology...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: ISIS' underlying theology...

I don't have the answer to this but I suggested if we are to let in refugees it should only be only young women and small children. Perhaps the men can go back to defend their own countries. If they are not stopped there they are coming to us.
I can see your point of view, but will remind you they have used both women and children as suicide bombers.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I understand this is a ridiculous suggestion but it's so frustrating when these terrorists do simply outrageous things...my first inclination is to try to outdo them with how awful our response will be, but our morals keep us from stooping to their barbaric level.
Perhaps Obama can work out a deal with Putin...when we capture one of these terrorists, turn them over to Putin who would have no problem feeding them to pigs while they are still alive, and releasing a video of it. I imagine that would horrify a nut case Muslim as badly as the beheading films do us.
On a serious note, thanks for the link Earle, I plan to read the linked article when I have the time and mindset to do it.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Sorry, but I don't not buy the Obama as Muslim argument. In fact, he's exacerbated the situation. However, the Salafi regard him as the son of a Muslim. By declaring them NOT to be true Islam, he has fallen into a semantic trap. According to Q'ran, when one person (son of a Muslim) accuses another of not being a true Muslim, then one or the other is wrong and has become "Takfir." Whichever is wrong must die. According to their doctrine, since they are the only true Muslims, he is Takfir and must die. It's a chore, but I really recommend reading the entire article...
A paradox typical in dealing with this mess. Obama has people suggesting he is sympathetic to radical Muslim values or goals. But I would bet the farm that if the terrorists could vote which American they would most want to kill, my guess is it would be him.

Three posts in a row, I seem to be having a fine conversation with myself. :rolleyes:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Whether we agree on the means to stop them or not, I think we all agree on their goals.
The problem is we have a government now that refuses to even identify the enemy. How can we stop the slaughter if our government is in denial and maybe even in agreement with that religion?
Wrong on two counts
1. They are identified alright. ISIL or ISIS, the first I stands for Islamic
2. Get over it, Obama is not a Muslim. Thats a ridiculous idea.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

... I have a branch of my family which is Adventist. Recently, I was talking with my BIL. He said "I know you don't believe this, but the "End Times" are upon us. I see more and more signs all the time." I just said "You're right. I don't believe in it." Fortunately, the Adventists don't seem to be into beheadings..."
Theologically, I believe that time has an end, or at least mankind's existence in time. However, I am light years away from saying, "let me tell you how and when it happens".

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006

Very interesting read.
“The only principled ground that the Islamic State’s opponents could take is to say that certain core texts and traditional teachings of Islam are no longer valid,” Bernard Haykel says. That really would be an act of apostasy.
They are clearly not non-Islamic, instead, they seem to be to Islam what Orthodox Jews are to Judaism.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Theologically, I believe that time has an end, or at least mankind's existence in time. However, I am light years away from saying, "let me tell you how and when it happens".
Then your belief would fit mainstream Muslims - "just not now." OTOH, even the most moderate who are not apostate unfortunately do actually believe there will be an end time when they will slaughter all the rest of us. The article mentions it and I've verified it elsewhere. I'm not sure any other "mainstream" religion shares such a bloody vision. These people, the DAESH (my new preferred term), are very much following the verse of the Q'ran, just doing it literally...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I read this when it was first published a while ago - really good read. Bizarre ideology they have going on, but it shows how it's virtually impossible to defeat these crazies via typical military action.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I read this when it was first published a while ago - really good read. Bizarre ideology they have going on, but it shows how it's virtually impossible to defeat these crazies via typical military action.
Well, unless they are completely crushed, retain no territories and there aren't 5,000 left to gather in Jerusalem, waiting on Jesus to rescue them by killing the anti-Messiah...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Well, unless they are completely crushed, retain no territories and there aren't 5,000 left to gather in Jerusalem, waiting on Jesus to rescue them by killing the anti-Messiah...
Yah, and like AQ, they don't have caves to dive into - but the message remains the same. These animals are cowardly idealists who can hardly be defeated by conventional means.

That does not mean they cannot be defeated, it simply means they likely cannot be defeated in the same manner we've fought foes for the last 69 years...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Yah, and like AQ, they don't have caves to dive into - but the message remains the same. These animals are cowardly idealists who can hardly be defeated by conventional means.

That does not mean they cannot be defeated, it simply means they likely cannot be defeated in the same manner we've fought foes for the last 69 years...
Agreed...it may be advisable to drop a nuclear bomb on Raqqa every few years.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003

What or who are anti-messiah?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Thanks for the link Earle, very good read but may have to re-read to make sure I understand. It does appear that the US government does not understand DAESH either. They have to expand the caliphate.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

US and Russian air strikes.
It appears that all US strikes are in Daesh-controlled areas or on the confrontation lines between Daesh and the western-backed rebels.
Most Russian strikes are against the western-backed areas, and a few against Daesh-controlled areas.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Jesus was on this earth as a Jew, whom they abhor and vow to kill every last one of them. Yet they claim he's to rescue them???

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Jesus was on this earth as a Jew, whom they abhor and vow to kill every last one of them. Yet they claim he's to rescue them???
There was not much choice back then, no Muslims existed.
I guess they feel he has converted since then

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

just mho, but trying to make sense of religious fundamentalism, especially the death-wish kind, is an effort in futility

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.