Link: ISIS' ("DAESH") underlying theology...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: ISIS' underlying theology...

Geography does not help the west. The Damascus government hold the Mediterranean coast, and the Russians have used this area to set up their base at Latakia. (This may explain in part why the Russian bombing has been concentrated against the rebel area closest to Latakia.) The western-based rebels have no such luxury (unless someone wants to come in through the Golan or WN Jordan).
No fly areas won't help much. Daesh does not fly much anyway. The biggest purchases of Daesh oil is probably Turkey, so no embargo of buying oil from them will work unless the Turks are on board.
Here's another way geography is not helpful to the West. If NATO or the EU (heck even the UN) were to try and create a safe zone for refugees somewhere in Syria, the only place it possibly could be placed is along the Mediterranean coast around Latakia or Tartus. This area is, for better or worse, in the control of the Damascus government.
It increasingly appears to me that coming to some kind of accommodation with Damascus (and therefor, the Kremlin) is Syria's best chance. The western-sponsored rebel shave proven less than completely reliable. The Turks really don't like Kurds, so the best bet for wiping Daesh out is Damascus. Maybe under new leadership, but Damascus.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Jon. I think there are more interpretations than that, but I don't think it's wise to debate them on this particular thread because it will lead into a major shift of content other than what HSV wanted it to be about. I'm open to discuss it on a separate thread
Thanks, 81. Normally, we don't mind "thread drift," but in view of recent events, I'd like to see this one stay on ISIS and ISIS-related matters. There's certainly room for a thread on the interpretation of Christian scripture...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Here's another way geography is not helpful to the West. If NATO or the EU (heck even the UN) were to try and create a safe zone for refugees somewhere in Syria, the only place it possibly could be placed is along the Mediterranean coast around Latakia or Tartus. This area is, for better or worse, in the control of the Damascus government.
It increasingly appears to me that coming to some kind of accommodation with Damascus (and therefor, the Kremlin) is Syria's best chance. The western-sponsored rebel shave proven less than completely reliable. The Turks really don't like Kurds, so the best bet for wiping Daesh out is Damascus. Maybe under new leadership, but Damascus.
That would be tough, since Latakia is about 50-50 Sunni/Alawite now, as is the countryside. Tartus is almost 100% Alawite. It would be a volatile mixture to make that a Sunni refuge. In fact, that area was regarded as being the last refuge of the Alawites, if the Syrian regime collapsed, as seemed likely at first. IF it were declared a sanctuary, an influx of Sunni into there would be sure to lead to intranecine slaughter...

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
I'm now reading some rather interesting things about the "immigrants" and the timing of the Paris events. Now, wherever these immigrants go, they will likely be confronted by hate and discrimination. This will, in turn, turn some of them into the mentality of ISIS. They will then be spread globally, with a hatred towards their host countries, and bond with the ideology of ISIS. This seems like a nightmare scenario....

Thoughts? Personally I'm just beyond spooked.....

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
Interesting article. I got lost in it. I'm surprised he didn't mention the sufyani, the great deceiver who will preface the Mahdi. There are many who think King Hussein of Jordan is the sufyani because of his lineage. And there are some who think the sufyani is ISIS. Since ISIS is one of the least deceitful organizations on the planet, I have to ask, does King Hussein have us fooled? I don't think so, but one never knows. I do think that ISIS believes what they are spewing and they are willing to kill EVERYONE who stands in the way of the prophecy.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm now reading some rather interesting things about the "immigrants" and the timing of the Paris events. Now, wherever these immigrants go, they will likely be confronted by hate and discrimination. This will, in turn, turn some of them into the mentality of ISIS. They will then be spread globally, with a hatred towards their host countries, and bond with the ideology of ISIS. This seems like a nightmare scenario....

I don't think that can be called now, at least not here, where we're not going to be inundated with the flood which Europe is...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Interesting article. I got lost in it. I'm surprised he didn't mention the sufyani, the great deceiver who will preface the Mahdi. There are many who think King Hussein of Jordan is the sufyani because of his lineage. And there are some who think the sufyani is ISIS. Since ISIS is one of the least deceitful organizations on the planet, I have to ask, does King Hussein have us fooled? I don't think so, but one never knows. I do think that ISIS believes what they are spewing and they are willing to kill EVERYONE who stands in the way of the prophecy.
I think this is the entire thrust of Woods' article. All of the nitpicking seem to try to circumvent this one central truth...

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Part of the plan by radical Islamists. They show up asking for handouts, having been told what they can expect from other countries. When they are disappointed, they get angry.

As far as trying to understand their religion, if you bring a tiger into your home you don't need to ask him why he wants to eat you. It is all he knows.

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
I agree, we can't let them in. The only thing I disagree with, is that these people are not "radical". It is written in the Koran that they MUST do the things they are doing. Otherwise they are "infidels". They are "biblical" literalists, which defines muslims. Peace-loving, so called "muslims " know not of what their religion teaches. The "peace loving" muslims really have no respect for the very Koran wherein they pledge their allegiance.

Again, though, we should allow 0 "refugees" as their would surely be terrorists imbedded. Even 1 in a 1,000 would present major problems....

i actually agree to the far-sided reaction of nuking them back to the Stone Age....mostly...

Part of the plan by radical Islamists. They show up asking for handouts, having been told what they can expect from other countries. When they are disappointed, they get angry.

As far as trying to understand their religion, if you bring a tiger into your home you don't need to ask him why he wants to eat you. It is all he knows.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree, we can't let them in. The only thing I disagree with, is that these people are not "radical". It is written in the Koran that they MUST do the things they are doing. Otherwise they are "infidels". They are "biblical" literalists, which defines muslims. Peace-loving, so called "muslims " know not of what their religion teaches. The "peace loving" muslims really have no respect for the very Koran wherein they pledge their allegiance.

Again, though, we should allow 0 "refugees" as their would surely be terrorists imbedded. Even 1 in a 1,000 would present major problems....

i actually agree to the far-sided reaction of nuking them back to the Stone Age....mostly...
For all these knee jerk reactions of nuking them, y'all aren't thinking real hard about it. Nuking Syria will change politics and trade agreements with the west even if it is limited only to Syria. That will most likely make the volgaland oil fields the biggest supplier of oil in for the western world and cripple the us economy because Putin will more than likely make the price sky high. So unless you want Russia as the lone super power I really think nuking Syria is way worse than boots on the ground.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
For all these knee jerk reactions of nuking them, y'all aren't thinking real hard about it. Nuking Syria will change politics and trade agreements with the west even if it is limited only to Syria. That will most likely make the volgaland oil fields the biggest supplier of oil in for the western world and cripple the us economy because Putin will more than likely make the price sky high. So unless you want Russia as the lone super power I really think nuking Syria is way worse than boots on the ground.
It's not knee-jerk to make Raqqa an uninhabitable wasteland. Of course dropping a small nuke on Raqqa might cause oil prices to momentarily increase. However, the increase will have essentially nothing to do with oil production in Syria because Syria's contribution to the world's oil supply is negligible.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's not knee-jerk to make Raqqa an uninhabitable wasteland. Of course dropping a small nuke on Raqqa might cause oil prices to momentarily increase. However, the increase will have essentially nothing to do with oil production in Syria because Syria's contribution to the world's oil supply is negligible.
Saudi being hacked off is the main concern, they could cut us out and most likely would

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Saudi being hacked off is the main concern, they could cut us out and most likely would
I responded to this notion in the other thread. Nevertheless, the day the Saudis break relations with the U.S. will be the beginning of the end of their kingdom.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://nypost.com/2015/11/16/obamas-patience-merely-gave-isis-time-to-grow/

The ugly truth is that ISIS and its affiliates have been allowed to put down such deep roots that more attacks are inevitable. Here, too.

What can be done? The answer is easy to mouth — and unwelcome to those who conduct foreign policy by platitudes (such as “there’s no military solution”). The base line is that you can’t win by playing defense. You must take the war to the enemy — without restraint. If you’re not determined to win at any cost, you’ll lose.

Our military has the resources to shatter ISIS, but political correctness has penetrated so deep into the Pentagon that, even should a president issue the one-word order, “Win!,” our initial actions would be cautious and halting. We’ve bred a generation of military leaders afraid of being prosecuted by their own government for the kind of errors inevitable in wartime. Instead of “leaning forward in the foxhole,” our leaders lean on lawyers.

If lawyers had had to approve our World War II target lists, we couldn’t have won. War is never clean or easy, and the strictures imposed on our military today just protect our enemies. Collateral damage and civilian casualties are part of combat and always will be. The most humane approach is to pile on fast and win decisively — which results in far less suffering than the sort of protracted agony we see in Syria.

The generals who won World War II would start by leveling Raqqa, the ISIS caliphate’s capital. Civilians would die, but those remaining in Raqqa have embraced ISIS, as Germans did Hitler. The jihadis must be crushed. Start with their “Berlin.”

Kill ten thousand, save a million.

Unthinkable? Fine. We lose.

And the jihadis? They’ll always have Paris.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have a friend who spends a lot more time on this than I do. Other, mainstream, Islamic scholars say that the Daeshi are "cherry-picking" the Q'ran for sections which back their actions. I just replied "Yes, but the cherries had to be there to pick." Muhammad wrote, or, rather, dictated, since he was illiterate, some very, very immoderate things. Sure, these guys are ignoring the centuries intervening of Muslim scholarship. They're taking it back to the seventh century...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Muhammad wrote, or, rather, dictated, since he was illiterate, some very, very immoderate things. Sure, these guys are ignoring the centuries intervening of Muslim scholarship. They're taking it back to the seventh century...
My biggest issue with the quaran is that the word literally translates to "recitation " and you can see it in the suras. in one sura Mohammed will say all people of the book should die, and then the next one he will say that islamic people should not show any ill will to them but rather show them that Islam is the only true version of theology. So it is easy to cherry pick and interpret different ways to validate one's cause. And Im sure Jon is typing at this very moment to say "well the Torah and the Christian Bible..." lol

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
My biggest issue with the quaran is that the word literally translates to "recitation " and you can see it in the suras. in one sura Mohammed will say all people of the book should die, and then the next one he will say that islamic people should not show any ill will to them but rather show them that Islam is the only true version of theology. So it is easy to cherry pick and interpret different ways to validate one's cause. And Im sure Jon is typing at this very moment to say "well the Torah and the Christian Bible..." lol
no comment

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.