College Football Playoff Rankings tonight (update on page 2)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: College Football Playoff Rankings tonight?

I think OU losing to Texas and Notre Dame thumping Texas a few weeks prior is pretty much gonna end OU's hopes of supplanting ND without Stanford beating them. I think the Big-12 hopes are all on Okie Lite.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Guessing he's not on it since the show is in Chicago, and he has the radio show in Bristol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herbstreit joins all the time when he isn't there in person..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This argument is much to do about nothing. I don't think Notre Dame or Oklahoma will make the final four..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Okie Lite will not jump Notre Dame if both win out.

Oklahoma will not jump Notre Dame if both win out.

Honestly, they have the clearest path to a seed of any team. They beat Stanford and they're a lock.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

Not sure how Iowa is ahead of Oklahoma. St at this time? Iowa hasn't beaten anyone. At least Oklahoma st. Has beaten a ranked opponent.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

Hey Brad....what's your prediction about their game with Baylor on Saturday?
I think both Okie's will win this Saturday to set the stage up for bedlam. I do feel like that if either of the Okie's win out that they will make the playoff over ND. Just my .02.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Okie Lite will not jump Notre Dame if both win out.
I don't think OK State will win out, but if they did, I can't imagine them not being in the top 4 even if ND wins out as well. There would be an enormous amount of uproar, and not just from the Big 12. Leaving the Big 12 out last year was defendable and correct, but leaving an undefeated team out would be unexplainable.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
They really should have rankings that look like this:

1) Clemson
2) Alabama
3) Ohio St or Iowa
4) Oklahoma St (if undefeated)
5) 11-1 Notre Dame
6) One Loss Power 5 Champ not named Alabama (Michigan St, Ohio St, Florida, BIg 12 dudes)

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
It still ticks me off that ND should even be in the discussion unless they play for a conference championship. They should be in the same position as the big 12 without a championship. Otherwise throw out all the conference championships. You have to judge all the teams without bias. Why have a SEC championship if a 1 loss ND gets in without playing an additional game. Its all BS to me bring back the BCS. I rather like it being that way rather than in the hands of a team of prima donna's

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
Really smart ranking by the committee. Why would they rank Big12 teams in the top 4 right now when they are about to butt heads against each outer for next two weeks? That's a very smart choice. Same goes for Iowa at #5.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.