Confusion in bowl mania

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The NCAA established a contingency plan on how to fill all of the bowls if there are not enough bowl-eligible teams. The problem is none of those five tiebreakers (counting wins vs. two FCS opponents, including a 6-7 team, etc.) will impact any of the 5-7 teams.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/p...ols-bowls-not-sure-how-to-deal-with-5-7-teams

I have a novel idea: Let the bowl pick whichever loser it wants, since you (NCAA) are inept, once again, at management.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I thought they did it on APR rating?
Well, it seems their tie-breaker doesn't affect the tied teams:rolleyes: I can't understand how people who claim to be intelligent (and who run the institutions who CLAIM to be educating our future generations) can be so stupid. MY GOD. ONE TRUE CHAMPION. Were they seriously that STUPID:eek2:

Let me give these OVER-EDUCATED idiots a couple of hints: When you make a tie-breaker rule package it SHOULD AFFECT THE TIED TEAMS and NOT the untied teams. Hint #2: Let one of your university classes draw up a tie-breaker package. Hint #3. Since you are sending a LOSER to a bowl game (who will lose money since they will have to buy tickets they won't be able to sell) why not let the bowl pick the loser they want? Question? Why do you check your brain at the door when you get to work each morning at Conference Office or NCAA Office?

Redwood is awaiting your answer. Thank You.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Bowl games are a reward, at the end of the year, for having a winning recor ..... er, uhm, ..... a reward for good sprotsmansh ...... er, uhm, ..... a reward for playing football and passing all your classe ...... er, uhm, uh ..... can I get back to you on this?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
If you have ever wondered about the rulings handed down by NCAA (I'll bet you have), now we know why. NCAA made a tie-breaker for teams who are tied but it only works for teams who are not tied. Now all they have to do is make a tie-breaker for the teams that are not tied and it will probably work for the teams who really are tied. But they don't need to write in down on a napkin unless someone's Dad draws up the plan, and it must not be written on the napkin while being held on a textbook from Memphis, Tennessee. This is section one of the ten-part plan.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
If you have ever wondered about the rulings handed down by NCAA (I'll bet you have), now we know why. NCAA made a tie-breaker for teams who are tied but it only works for teams who are not tied. Now all they have to do is make a tie-breaker for the teams that are not tied and it will probably work for the teams who really are tied. But they don't need to write in down on a napkin unless someone's Dad draws up the plan, and it must not be written on the napkin while being held on a textbook from Memphis, Tennessee. This is section one of the ten-part plan.
Now, THAT, makes perfect sense! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.