LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Re: LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

Who would they hire in his place?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
That's the first question you ask if you even contemplate firing him. Who would do better? Certainly it seems Les and his staff falls short at times when it comes to performance. But you can't question the recruiting and the talent that program produces.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Call me wild and crazy (or just crazy), and I`m sure we`d never know it if it happened, but I`d bet the mortgage that somebody in Baton Rouge would give Coach Saban a call and ask him if he and Ms. Terry would like to come "home". When all`s said and done, as much as they hate him, they`d crawl on their bellies through broken glass to get him back.

Having said all that, I don`t think Les goes anywhere.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

Who would they hire in his place?

That's a good question. I don't see anyone out there that is available or an upgrade. I honestly think they will do much worse with his replacement. I think they're better off making changes at QB Coach and DC.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

If Miles gets another job, his salary would (I assume) reduce his buyout amount.
That's possible but not always the case. Muschamp got his buyout in full from UF and it is not reduced by his salary at AU. You are correct that the buyout is normally offset if the coach takes a job somewhere else but it all comes down to the language in the contract..

LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

That's a good question. I don't see anyone out there that is available or an upgrade. I honestly think they will do much worse with his replacement. I think they're better off making changes at QB Coach and DC.
Not one bit.

That's the first question you ask if you even contemplate firing him. Who would do better? Certainly it seems Les and his staff falls short at times when it comes to performance. But you can't question the recruiting and the talent that program produces.
If they let him go they'll just open the flood gates.

Nick Saban.
That's the only person

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I can't help but notice Les Miles and Mark Richt have just about exactly the same record (Les is 76% and Richt is 78%) and yet we think one is a great coach and one a loser coach. Strange. Also, the general opinion is Les out recruits Mark yet has less wins. Strange.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

I can't help but notice Les Miles and Mark Richt have just about exactly the same record (Les is 76% and Richt is 78%) and yet we think one is a great coach and one a loser coach. Strange. Also, the general opinion is Les out recruits Mark. Strange.
There's one big difference. Les coaches in the SEC West and Richt coaches in the East. Tennessee and Florida have been down for the much of Richt's tenure and he doesn't have anything to show for it except when UGA almost beat Bama in the SECCG..

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

There's one big difference. Les coaches in the SEC West and Richt coaches in the East. Tennessee and Florida have been down for the much of Richt's tenure and he doesn't have anything to show for it except when UGA almost beat Bama in the SECCG..
There is another one also, Les has won a national championship and played for another one.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

they were only 5 yards away.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Doubt he's going anywhere, and as an Alabama fan, I'm glad that that's the case. Granted, as others have pointed out, they could do worse.

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

This is just plain stupid talk by a reporter. Leslie is staying put at lsu. Who are they going to hire, if they were to fire him?.....DiNardo?....Houston Nutt??....Kirby Smart???.....too funny, even by lsu standards....:rolleye2:

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

The fans on here who live down there know this - I'm not sure many of the rest of us do.
Their fanbase (and alums) hate Bama with a passion, and have almost as long as I've been alive. They will not tolerate losing to Bama AND Ole Miss year in and year out; I don't care how much they have to pay in a buyout.
The loss to the hogs makes it worse - but anyone one here who thinks the who's are going to settle for 9-3 every year is flat out nuts.
Are they suffering from an over-inflated sense of self worth? No doubt - they are "ate up with it". But it's their lot in life.
If LM loses Saturday the calls for his head will become very very loud.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

If he loses out, he will definitely be on the hot seat, but outside of him violating some moral clause in his contract. I cannot imagine a possible scenario where Les Miles is fired at year's end.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Les isn't going nowhere.
So he's leaving? :wink:

I can't help but notice Les Miles and Mark Richt have just about exactly the same record (Les is 76% and Richt is 78%) and yet we think one is a great coach and one a loser coach. Strange. Also, the general opinion is Les out recruits Mark yet has less wins. Strange.
Les -
3 SEC West championships
2 SEC Championships
3 BCS Bowls
1 National Championship
2 National Championship appearances
7 - 10-win seasons

Richt -
6 SEC East championships
2 SEC Championships
3 BCS Bowls
9 - 10-win seasons

That's with Richt being at UGA four seasons more than Les at LSU.

I saw a LSU fan say this is just one of the LSU columnists giving his "gut feeling with no sources.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

LSU would be stupid to fire Miles. Like Nebraska firing Solich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.