LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Re: LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

If lsu were to do this (and that's a big "if") and I were South Carolina, I would hire him immediately at South Carolina. Surely, lsu is not this stupid.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Living in Gamecock country, I can honestly say most do not want Elliot, they want a big name coach. I dont think that happens.
Most folks in South Carolina couldn't even tell you the name of the mascot for the Gamecocks. I remember several years ago being on vacation in S.C. and in a grocery store started asking people, 'hey, have you ever heard of Steve Spurrier' and 10 out of 10 people said "no, don't believe I have ever heard of him". I would have kept it up but my wife told me "Mike, leave these people alone. My point is that most people in S.C. could care less if CNS was the HC there.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA

If lsu were to do this (and that's a big "if") and I were South Carolina, I would hire him immediately at South Carolina. Surely, lsu is not this stupid.
If I were UGA, and Les was fired, I'd throw 6 million at him and see if it stuck, then buy Richt a plane ticket to Miami

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Most folks in South Carolina couldn't even tell you the name of the mascot for the Gamecocks. I remember several years ago being on vacation in S.C. and in a grocery store started asking people, 'hey, have you ever heard of Steve Spurrier' and 10 out of 10 people said "no, don't believe I have ever heard of him". I would have kept it up but my wife told me "Mike, leave these people alone. My point is that most people in S.C. could care less if CNS was the HC there.
Sorry, don't mean to begrudge you your small sample, frog, but as a resident of South Carolina I can say this first-hand: Your post is not even close to true.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

It sounds like Les needs an aggressive agent to spread talk about interest in him from a few programs with openings, and let the corndogs sweat it out. I bet that would either shut up the complainers, or spur them to run him off. Either way, he's better off.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

All they need to do is look at Auburn. They replaced a National Championship coach (you can't take that away from Chizik), and thought they were replacing him with a guy that would win big. Doesn't look like that is working out for them.

Miles is a very good coach. Unfortunately, he is in the same division with Saban.
But he's not a great coach, and the who's are not going to tolerate "very good" going 9/3. They want to win it all, they think they deserve it and they're not going to stand for this kind of season. Just watch.
And whoever accused them of being smart?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

24 hrs ago I thought even the suggestion of this was bogus but given what I've read and heard since then I could see a very remote possibility of it happening if LSU gets blown out in Vaught Hemmingway on Saturday. I still think it would be crazy unless....UNLESS they have an airtight plan to bring in Jimbo Fisher.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

I lived in SC from the late 1980's until 1993. From what I remember, that state is pretty well divided into 2 camps - Clemson or USC.. You're either one of the other, similar to the UA-AU rivalry here in Alabama. I don't think I ever ran across anyone who has a dab off intelligence who didn't know the mascots of both teams.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

So based on the latest rumors, let's have some fun:

Saban to Texas
McElwain to Alabama
Strong to Florida
Miles to South Carolina
Richt to LSU
Cristobal to Miami
Smart to Georgia
Kiffin to Texas A&M
Sumlin to USC...

Welcome to the SEC.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

So based on the latest rumors, let's have some fun:

Saban to Texas
McElwain to Alabama
Strong to Florida
Miles to South Carolina
Richt to LSU
Cristobal to Miami
Smart to Georgia
Kiffin to Texas A&M
Sumlin to USC...

Welcome to the SEC.
And once again, Houston Dale Nutt is on the outside looking in .....:cool:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

And once again, Houston Dale Nutt is on the outside looking in .....:cool:
Fortunately for him, I think he's still getting paid to be a terrible TV analyst.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Fortunately for him, I think he's still getting paid to be a terrible TV analyst.
I thought he and his brother Danny were living in a modular home in Tickfaw, Louisiana. Only a stone's throw from Baton Rouge...just sayin'..

(J/K)

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

Back to the original rumor, this thing has grown legs in my part of Louisiana. I have coworkers who think Les needs to leave. Amazing.

Somewhere, Cholly Mac is shaking his head...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I don't know why I feel this way, but I have a hard time believing TPTB at LSU are stupid enough to fire Les.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

I don't know why I feel this way, but I have a hard time believing TPTB at LSU are stupid enough to fire Les.
So do I, CA. But after living here for seventeen years now, I can't quite bring myself to dismiss it out of hand, either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.