LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

Would Coach hire Les as an offensive coordinator if CLK leaves? Can you imagine that craziness? ha!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Would Coach hire Les as an offensive coordinator if CLK leaves? Can you imagine that craziness? ha!
Les would be great -- except for that niggling detail of not knowing a thing about offense.

Last edited:

22Musso22

If I am an LSU fan, I couldn't imagine a better replacement than Les. As another poster said, LSU better watch it here.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

If the job was open at Bama, I think the chances of getting McElwain after one year at Florida is about the same as Texas getting coach Saban, next to zero. I am not sure that I would want a coach that would do that to a program like Florida after one year, but I know he wouldn't, and I like him a lot. Great hire, great match for the gators. And you can tell he picked up the process from the master.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

If the job was open at Bama, I think the chances of getting McElwain after one year at Florida is about the same as Texas getting coach Saban, next to zero. I am not sure that I would want a coach that would do that to a program like Florida after one year, but I know he wouldn't, and I like him a lot. Great hire, great match for the gators. And you can tell he picked up the process from the master.
Not me, I'd take Coach Mac in a NY minute.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

How come Texas isn't backing up the armored car for Coach Mac?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Just for the fun of it, lets pretend Lester Miles gets promoted to the new AD. Who would he hire to replace himself, and why?

Rich Rodriguez. He stole my dream job and now I get my revenge.
Bo Pellini. Because "Bo knows" (Nick Saban).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

I would say this isnt the year to fire a coach. So many open jobs and so few coaches that worthwhile to go after. Thats why I think South Carolina picked a bad year for Spurrier to leave. I feel they may get stuck with Shawn Elliot, instead of a big name coach.
I don't believe SC "picked" this year . . .

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Sorry, don't mean to begrudge you your small sample, frog, but as a resident of South Carolina I can say this first-hand: Your post is not even close to true.
Unless they were all tourists.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Les Miles' tenure at LSU may be over; buyout not an issue, source says

Les Miles' tenure at LSU may be coming to an end, according to a highly ranked source involved with the decision-making process.
A decision on his future is likely to come in the very near future, with many Tiger Athletic Foundation (TAF) members ready to move on and start a new era in Baton Rouge. The $15 million-dollar buyout clause that is in Les Miles' contract is what many perceive as one of the bigger hang-ups in making a move.

However, TAF, the athletic program's booster club that funds a lot of the athletic programs for LSU, will not allow the buyout issue to thwart its plans, according to a high-ranking source.

TAF has been split for some time in its support for Miles, with many senior members disagreeing with the recent extension given to him two years ago. The group does not appear to be split anymore, with the vast majority of its members believing that it is time for a new coach.

According to a source, Miles met with officials last week discussing his future, and the discussion was centered on how and when the two parties would be parting ways. During the conversation, the realization that Miles's days are numbered set in with LSU's head football coach, who discussed a retirement from LSU following the 2016 season. While that is a step in the right direction for some fed up TAF members, it was not a resolution that sits well with many others, who would like to see a change made following this season.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Never underestimate a corndog's stupidity.

If they fire him, they'll wish they had him back within two or three years.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL

Wow, if this is legit, they better hope they hit a grand slam with the next hire. Otherwise, it's back to the Hallman and Dinardo years.:biggrin:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Unless they have someone like Dan Mullen lined up, I would be very careful. This article sounds like a threatening wake up call that will resonate into next year. Miles and co. have the #1 recruiting class as of right now, it makes more sense to put everyone on notice that next year Miles will be playing for his job than to create such a shock to the system. LSU has stability and players coming in and should not make this a disaster situation. Next year.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Unless they have someone like Dan Mullen lined up, I would be very careful.
I suspect they will have something already in play when / if they make a move. I hadn't thought about it but Mullen might be a great hire for LSU - he's done pretty well considering the overall lack of talent he's had to work with. And I suspect he'd crawl all the way to Red Stick to take that job...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.