LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

I cannot see Fisher, Swinney or Patterson headed to Baton Rouge. They all have better gigs in weaker conferences. LSU will have to lower their sights.

I do agree that Dan Mullen would be a very good choice, and yes I do believe he would jump at the opportunity.

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I suspect they will have something already in play when / if they make a move. I hadn't thought about it but Mullen might be a great hire for LSU - he's done pretty well considering the overall lack of talent he's had to work with. And I suspect he'd crawl all the way to Red Stick to take that job...
It would be interesting, for good or bad to Bama, to see what he could do with that sort of talent. Their biggest flaw this year in quarterback is a Mullen strength, and I think he is the closest coach in proximity to their recruiting ground? I would do it as AD, but not with anyone. I would wait a year.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

The LSU AD has been smoking corndogs. If they think they are going to hire a new coach and he is going to own the west, they are taking 2 steps back and one step forward.

Zipp

Dec 5, 2011

If they decide to fire Les anyone think he would be a good fit at USCe? He would probably dominate the East.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

Most folks in South Carolina couldn't even tell you the name of the mascot for the Gamecocks. I remember several years ago being on vacation in S.C. and in a grocery store started asking people, 'hey, have you ever heard of Steve Spurrier' and 10 out of 10 people said "no, don't believe I have ever heard of him". I would have kept it up but my wife told me "Mike, leave these people alone. My point is that most people in S.C. could care less if CNS was the HC there.
Not true at all. SC is pretty evenly split between USC and Clemson. USC has had an 80,000+ seat stadium for at least 20yrs for a team that has historically hovered around the .500 mark in wins. They are probably the most passionate fans I have ever seen for such a mediocre program. Very optimistic too. Every year is "the year" they are gonna break out and win the East and the SEC, no matter what they did the previous year. If they are sitting at 6-0 on the season, it is a clear sign of a national title run! Carolina fans are just as passionate as any other fan base in the conference.

IDK who you talked to, but you said you were on vacation, so if you were down on the coast you were probably talking to a bunch of Yankee snowbirds ;) .

South Carolina does not have the funds to compete with the likes of Alabama, Florida, LSU, even Tenn or Georgia when it comes to facilities or coaches. In fact I am pretty sure for the duration of Spurrier's tenure he wasn't able to swing hardly any facility improvements except maybe to the weight room. Maybe. They do have a really sweet basketball arena though, and the baseball stadium is top notch too.

IMO SC will again go the route they went back in 1998 and 2004 and try to hire a proven yet "washed up" coach to try and compete. I'd expect a Mac Brown type hire, although Miles would be a steal if they could get him. Heck I wouldn't even be surprised if they went after Lloyd Carr despite his age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Someone needs to investigate the water supply in Louisiana. Something is making them all dumber.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

If they decide to fire Les anyone think he would be a good fit at USCe? He would probably dominate the East.

I would rather he go to UGA. That way, he will only have to worry about losing to us in the SECCG, if that is the match-up.

Since UGA is used to only being 5 yards and 30 seconds short, the outcome will not be problematic.

Then CMR can go to the other side of the state, and Gus can get on the bus, and go back to HS.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

You could question his perspicacity over the 'Who's hires the last 3-4 years (Steele especially and sticking with Cameron), but otherwise it seems what's hurt him most is chucking the Mad Hatter for increasing conventionality (read predictability). Still plum dumb corndog inanity to ditch him.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I think Les will resign and take another job. I noticed at the start of our game he looked down and out, or disinterested or something. Ditto the last two losses. He looked so sad and out of sorts on the sideline. I felt sorry for him.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

If Coach Saban retired, would you want Miles here ? I would not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

I can't see that being a good fit. But, it would almost be worth it to see the Who's fans reactions when we used a 2nd coach from there to continue beating them like a drum. Could you imagine?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

Chavis is looking like a genius after giving LSU the finger during his contract negotiations.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

I think Les is a great guy and there's no coach at any level that I think would be more fun to hang out or be friends with. But, I would not want him at Bama. If I were a fan of a team that didn't have championship expectations, like USCe, UK or MS St, I'd be thrilled to have him.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Miles met privately with athletic department officials last week to discuss his future, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Potential termination options and strategies were discussed, including the possibility of Miles' retiring after the 2016 season.

Some TAF members prefer to pull the trigger now, citing the potential corrosive effects a lame-duck coach could have on recruiting, staff procurement and organizational momentum. Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron's contract expires after this season.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/inde..._tenure_at_lsu_may_be.html#incart_river_index

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.