LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

If that's true, coach Miles is the next Lou Holtz imo, and I mean that in a good way. I can't think of anyone as knowledgeable, passionate and entertaining as Miles that someone like ESPN could hire.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Miles will get paid AND land a great job. I doubt that he cares at this point given how the fans have treated him since 2011. It is LSU that is taking a risk if they fire him.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Miles met privately with athletic department officials last week to discuss his future, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Potential termination options and strategies were discussed, including the possibility of Miles' retiring after the 2016 season.

Some TAF members prefer to pull the trigger now, citing the potential corrosive effects a lame-duck coach could have on recruiting, staff procurement and organizational momentum. Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron's contract expires after this season.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/inde..._tenure_at_lsu_may_be.html#incart_river_index
Like most LSU fans I know, they're stupid. Let's put it this way. The team that scares me more than any team on our schedule, every year, is LSU. Miles isn't playing us with Saban's recruits. It's not Saban's program anymore, it's Miles's.
And they are the only team in America that can match us talent wise.
If they choose to lose that recruiting ability, and overall ability, they're absolutely crazy.
But then again, they ARE L.S.U., so what would you expect?
If they push him out, they'll go into the same type of era we went through starting with Dubose until Saban.
The big difference is, they're too stupid to ever find the next Saban.
I'd bet they would hire Orgeron, and that would be a complete joke.
sip

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL

Like most LSU fans I know, they're stupid. Let's put it this way. The team that scares me more than any team on our schedule, every year, is LSU. Miles isn't playing us with Saban's recruits. It's not Saban's program anymore, it's Miles's.
And they are the only team in America that can match us talent wise.
If they choose to lose that recruiting ability, and overall ability, they're absolutely crazy.
But then again, they ARE L.S.U., so what would you expect?
If they push him out, they'll go into the same type of era we went through starting with Dubose until Saban.
The big difference is, they're too stupid to ever find the next Saban.
I'd bet they would hire Orgeron, and that would be a complete joke.
sip
Not to nitpick but they did hire Saban first.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

If Les is smart he will sit out a year and wait for the Texas job to open up. He had success against OU when he was at Okie St and that will sell very well in Austin.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

You know... Les might not go to Texas... I think Les could " retire" anyone ever think about that?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

You know... Les might not go to Texas... I think Les could " retire" anyone ever think about that?
Yes, he would be one of the most sought after analyst in years. Extremely entertaining to listen to. He has a bright post coaching future, for years.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Wow, this is crazy that its gotten to this point with Miles ... I really hope they know what they're doing because they can really set their program back for years to come and some may argue this but we need as many solid programs as possible in the SEC especially with the 4 team playoffs right now. Its just been a crazy year period for the SEC, two of the top tier coaches may possibly lose their jobs and one of the top coaches in Spurrier also retired. Who woulda thought all of this would be the case going into this season?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

From what I've read and heard over the last week, LSU fans are fed up with the lackluster offense. With Chavis' defense, LSU could have been really dangerous if the offense was any good. Met was the only decent QB LSU has had while Miles has been there outside of Jamarcus Russell. They've had several solid WRs.

Les' offense hasn't been anything to fear, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

Yes, he would be one of the most sought after analyst in years. Extremely entertaining to listen to. He has a bright post coaching future, for years.
How about Ole Lester replacing Corso on Game Day? ;)

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

How about Ole Lester replacing Corso on Game Day? ;)
I am out there with my predictions, but Miles is of that caliber imo, and that would be a good place for him no doubt.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

So Jimbo Fisher is the person they want, it's comical that Jon Gruden is in there. He's always in there! They want someone from the Saban tree. Still think Mullens would be a good hire. Fools and I hope they end up with egg on their face leaking all of this during the season.

he could have 2 pieces of grass each representing a team. he could eat the piece of grass that represents the team he thinks will win
They need to hire you in their creative department, that's a good idea.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

I don't know why everyone is surprised. LSU has lost to Alabama 5 times in a row now and the SEC record the past 5 years has been progressively worse. Coaching is a what have you done for me lately business not a what have you done for me 8 years ago business. If CNS had 4 or years in a row without being in contention for SEC and NC's there would be plenty of Alabama folks wanting change..

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

If CNS had 4 or years in a row without being in contention for SEC and NC's there would be plenty of Alabama folks wanting change..
Coach would already be at the lake watching the ducks do whatever. He will never put himself in that situation at then 67+ years old. I would say he hangs it up after 3 seasons of being out of the picture.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

We all know Les is goofy and tends to be scattershot when speaking to the media. Starting with his Alabama post-game PC, in each of the last three he has looked more and more lost when stumbling to come up with answers.
The LA media went for the jugular, asking 3 different ways about job security after the OM game.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

If LSU and Les part ways...

They need to throw money at Mullen. I think he's the best they could get. Other then that I think there's going to be a huge disappointment in Tiger country.

If I'm Les, I'd take an SEC east job if offered. Though I might take time off and weigh options. With 2, possibly 3, jobs in the east open...I think he'd work at any of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

If LSU and Les part ways...

They need to throw money at Mullen. I think he's the best they could get. Other then that I think there's going to be a huge disappointment in Tiger country.

If I'm Les, I'd take an SEC east job if offered. Though I might take time off and weigh options. With 2, possibly 3, jobs in the east open...I think he'd work at any of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I know the pulse of the SEC like many others on here, and what Mullen has done with 2 and 3 star talent at MSU is incredible. MSU is an up hill coaching job very similar to South Carlolina, they are the state's #2 team with a century of being the doormat, and he is the first coach in my lifetime that built a winning foundation without the NCAA sniffing. If Bama had to hire a coach I would take Mullen over Fisher. And he's barely into his 40's

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I know the pulse of the SEC like many others on here, and what Mullen has done with 2 and 3 star talent at MSU is incredible. MSU is an up hill coaching job very similar to South Carlolina, they are the state's #2 team with a century of being the doormat, and he is the first coach in my lifetime that built a winning foundation without the NCAA sniffing. If Bama had to hire a coach I would take Mullen over Fisher. And he's barely into his 40's
I was not sold on Mullen until this year. Last year he could have gotten lucky with a senior laden group. This year he is sustaining eight wins for the fourth time in a six years. At Mississippi State THAT is good coaching. Some coaches are hired after one great year, or two, and go down hill from there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.