LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Re: L5U Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

Miles phrasing and the look on his face are not at all positive. And Alleva's silence is deafening. I think it's a horrible move on the Corndogs' part, but I also think Les is a dead man walking.

Saban isn't coming back. Meyer isn't coming at all. Can't imagine why Fisher would. So who do they get? I can think of only Chip Kelly, who has a fundamentally different philosophy from the LSU tradition -- and we know from painful experience how that works.

I think they're about to drive a Lamborghini off a cliff because it isn't a Bugatti Veyron. They are going to regret this.

http://youtu.be/h33wgwq373k
Nice Lambo!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I read somewhere his buyout is $15M, but that drops to $12M in December. If that's true, it makes sense.
I hope coaches take notice of what they are doing. Coach Stallings is a perfect example of how you treat a good man and someone that did really good things for your program, if you agree with the decision or not. This is a PR nightmare. Some bigger than thou booster, in anger, leaked all of this to the press, and LSU was forced to go with it. They are house dived for the world to see, but the donors will prevail, and I think they will end up with egg on face. This may end up a recruiting bonanza for Bama for years to come.

Video: Drives into a sinkhole and then tries to swim!

Last edited:

tidegrandpa

All-American

That they are putting this off until after the aTm games tells me there is turmoil and two factions at work here. What is so special about one game? What if they beat them, which I bet they will, the players like him. What then?
I respectfully disagree, LSU will absolutely run right through them, they're defensive line is a screen door.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

I respectfully disagree, LSU will absolutely run right through them, they're defensive line is a screen door.
"What if they beat them, which I bet they will, the players like him. What then?"

Yes, maybe I worded it wrong, but that LSU is going to destroy aTm this week. They are the better team and the players will play hard for Miles.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Can't imagine why Fisher would.
There is actually something amiss at FSU though and it's kind of complicated.

First, their athletic department actually isn't in very good shape. I'm sure some recent success helped that, but they were basically broke. Second, they were not very happy with how the ACC handled their ESPN deal. Basically, FSU lost their tier 3 rights without the compensation of a network deal, in a basketball school friendly deal (from what I understand basketball kept their tier 3 rights). This is part of the reason that FSU flirted with the Big 12, but now they're stuck. The buyout is pretty darn big to get out of the ACC.

So... you have a football school getting pushed around in a basketball conference, with some financial issues. I heard some rumblings that Jimbo was unhappy and FSU kind of dragged their feet on making his pay in line with the top coaches.

Having said all that? Now? Things are going fairly well in the ACC for FSU, he has a nice contract, etc... Unless he really does not like/trust FSU he probably will have a job there for a long time.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

First, their athletic department actually isn't in very good shape. I'm sure some recent success helped that, but they were basically broke. Second, they were not very happy with how the ACC handled their ESPN deal. Basically, FSU lost their tier 3 rights without the compensation of a network deal, in a basketball school friendly deal (from what I understand basketball kept their tier 3 rights). This is part of the reason that FSU flirted with the Big 12, but now they're stuck. The buyout is pretty darn big to get out of the ACC.

So... you have a football school getting pushed around in a basketball conference, with some financial issues. I heard some rumblings that Jimbo was unhappy and FSU kind of dragged their feet on making his pay in line with the top coaches.

Having said all that? Now? Things are going fairly well in the ACC for FSU, he has a nice contract, etc... Unless he really does not like/trust FSU he probably will have a job there for a long time.
I may be proved wrong, but I cannot see Fisher leaving the friendly and easy confines of the ACC for the SEC west pressure cooker.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I may be proved wrong, but I cannot see Fisher leaving the friendly and easy confines of the ACC for the SEC west pressure cooker.
It wouldn't be wise, and I doubt he would either, just explaining the rational. Having said that, isn't that exactly what Bielema did? He went to three straight Rose Bowls, was unhappy with the situation and left for the SEC West.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

It wouldn't be wise, and I doubt he would either, just explaining the rational. Having said that, isn't that exactly what Bielema did? He went to three straight Rose Bowls, was unhappy with the situation and left for the SEC West.
Wisconsin is not FSU, and the king of a cheesecake, but power 5 conference. Just my opinion. If he leaves, it would have to be some sort of loyalty or liking of LSU over FSU through people. The Bielema move was a head scratcher to me a a great hire for Arkansas.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Miles phrasing and the look on his face are not at all positive. And Alleva's silence is deafening. I think it's a horrible move on the Corndogs' part, but I also think Les is a dead man walking.
At this point, you also have to wonder if Miles takes something else, just to get out of there.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Wisconsin is not FSU, and the king of a cheesecake, but power 5 conference. Just my opinion. If he leaves, it would have to be some sort of loyalty or liking of LSU over FSU through people. The Bielema move was a head scratcher to me a a great hire for Arkansas.
All good points and you may be right.

But if you're a head coach who wants to really prove himself...wouldn't you rather be in the SEC, rather than the ACC?

It may come down to pride.

tidegrandpa

All-American

They don't have snow shovels in Tallahassee. And very few in Fayetteville compared to the frozen tundra.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

And yet, in arguably the toughest division in college football, he has a shot at second place and NO ONE even saw this as slightly possible. At Wisky, you don't have the talent pool or the level of competition (much higher in the SEC west). So maybe he just wanted to see what he could do and...if the hogs do somehow lock up 2nd place, IMO the judgement would have to be "not bad at all". And they played Bama as tough as anybody last year.
As for the who's, I think as bad as they want to win now, they want to win next year and next year and next year etc. That's why, IMO, they go for a younger coach who has won, knows how to score and that's why TH fits that bill (and I will throw in, again, coached an offense that destroyed Bama's defense - an offense, btw, that was pretty much intact again this year and has yet to perform anywhere near that level). This may also be why he removed himself from consideration for the SC job, I don't know.
I just don't see JF leaving Tallahassee - he can recruit just as well where he is, has a much easier schedule week in and week out; having said all that, I look for JF to be announced as the new who coach one week from Friday. :biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

You just made me chuckle over a nuance of the English language. They were both basically both "broke" and "broken." :D

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

My goodness - I'm gonna eat popcorn for this one.....

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

And yet, in arguably the toughest division in college football, he has a shot at second place and NO ONE even saw this as slightly possible. At Wisky, you don't have the talent pool or the level of competition (much higher in the SEC west). So maybe he just wanted to see what he could do and...if the hogs do somehow lock up 2nd place, IMO the judgement would have to be "not bad at all". And they played Bama as tough as anybody last year.
As for the who's, I think as bad as they want to win now, they want to win next year and next year and next year etc. That's why, IMO, they go for a younger coach who has won, knows how to score and that's why TH fits that bill (and I will throw in, again, coached an offense that destroyed Bama's defense - an offense, btw, that was pretty much intact again this year and has yet to perform anywhere near that level). This may also be why he removed himself from consideration for the SC job, I don't know.
I just don't see JF leaving Tallahassee - he can recruit just as well where he is, has a much easier schedule week in and week out; having said all that, I look for JF to be announced as the new who coach one week from Friday. :biggrin:
Who the heck is "TH"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

The Bielema move was a head scratcher to me a a great hire for Arkansas.
One part of the move was assistant's salary pool. I remember reading how he was tired of losing coaches to lateral moves because they were offered more money for the same job somewhere else. At Arkansas (and the SEC, in general), the salary pool for assistants is among the best in the country, so not only would he get to compete against the best, he also has a chance at more staff stability.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Chip Kelly is coaching today like he wants out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.