LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: L5U Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

If Joe Alleva backpedaled any faster he would go back in time...
Alleva speaking like a fool was a perfect example of how stupid the power structure believes the public, and media are. That an 11 year coach with the highest winning percentage in history of the program, 3 years removed from the NCG was being graded for his job on one game against aTm. The truth is that they dug themselves in a hole, did not have their coach, and bought time. But the Alleva presser was very disingenuous. I predicted on page 2 with my manhood, Les stays, and he will be playing for his job next year, but this year? It made LSU look like complete bush league fools. Just like Auburn.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Joe Schad @schadjoe
Decision to retain Les Miles was made in meeting of LSU decision makers during 3rd quarter of tonight’s game, per source

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Translation: "Well, we just got a call from FSU, and Jimbo is staying there."

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

It would be hilarious to see Miles string them along until after the bowl game, then bolt for a decent gig somewhere else and leave them all high and dry. Don't know where that would be at this point though.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

It would be hilarious to see Miles string them along until after the bowl game, then bolt for a decent gig somewhere else and leave them all high and dry. Don't know where that would be at this point though.
I would LOVE to see him leave LSU for South Carolina or Miami, not that it will happen. Just to see how they would spin it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I wonder if Fisher called Saban and discussed the job at LSU.. and then Saban reminded him of what happened at Texas two years ago and how it went down.... I think that Texas Situation was a huge motivation for Fisher to stay at FSU. He knew it wasn't worth it.. to step into a drama and then having to deal with all that mess.. LSU better pray that they didn't lose their recuits.... No way This should happen again... unfortunately, it may ...

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

Translation: "Well, we just got a call from FSU, and Jimbo is staying there."
Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

LSU looks really dumb. As if the outcome of the aTm game should make a difference in whether or not to keep Les Miles. Les should quit late in the offseason when all the good coaches have made their moves.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Sanity prevails, but their excuses are so lame. They almost made a big mistake, they avoided it, but everyone looks worse for it. Now, everyone knows that any good excuse in the future to remove Les and he's out of a job.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012

I'm glad he's staying. He seems to have the program where WE want it. But, in his press conference he indicated change is coming, and it may involve personnel changes. We shall see.

I agree with those who say their administration handled all this poorly.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

I'm just watching the Joe Alleva PC, and man what a spineless snake! If I were Les, I'd wait until about 2 days before NSD and I'd tell the school President "You announce Alleva is gone today, or I resign TODAY!"

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I'm just watching the Joe Alleva PC, and man what a spineless snake! If I were Les, I'd wait until about 2 days before NSD and I'd tell the school President "You announce Alleva is gone today, or I resign TODAY!"
This. As has been said before, LSU needs a new OC and DC.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

This reminds me of Tuberville's status after the Petrino scandal. The damage is done. The relationship is over.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Sanity prevails, but their excuses are so lame. They almost made a big mistake, they avoided it, but everyone looks worse for it. Now, everyone knows that any good excuse in the future to remove Les and he's out of a job.
You mean "a la Tuberville?" It was dumb and it'll be dumb when they get their knives out again...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

My son got a text last night. Said Miles made the comment "I'm ok. But there are a couple of people I'd like to take out into the alley and straighten them out about now...."

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.