LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: L5U Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

The only thing that makes ANY sense is that Jimbo wants out of FSU and has secretly agreeg to take the job if they buy out Miles. It makes sense. FSU is messed up and so is his tenure there and his marriage. Could be dying for a fresh start. LSU is one of the three top spots in the SEC for recruiting and he would get to go up against the aging lion, Saban, for king of the conference and by extension, College Football. Got the popcorn in the microwave...
Yeah, I think some want to take down Saban and Alabama, and even if they can't at first, they know Saban isn't going to be here much longer. I sure would love for him to stay another five or ten years, though. :)

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX

Really stupid. This fire Les Miles story is gaining traction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

So what happens if Miles and LSU part ways, then Miles goes to Mizzou and ends up owning LSU? Will they be butthurt?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Really stupid. This fire Les Miles story is gaining traction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
What do you mean gaining traction? This thing got all the needed traction last week and continues to bust through every warning sign on the way to the cliff.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

I think LSU is making a mistake, but Miles is a good coach and will land somewhere major. He may be unconventional, but that is what sets him apart from others in my opinion. The grass may be sweeter somewhere else Coach Miles!

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

There is too much discussion going on with Miles and LSU parting ways. I think its a done deal. Hes gone. Too much damage has already been done verbally on the subject. Its honestly sad. I hope Les finds a nice job elsewhere. Goodluck to him. I have always liked Les.

Wonder if there is a spot on our coaching staff for him?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The weird thing about LSU, is everyone always says that Les is going to be fired cause he can't develop a QB. But we've been winning with duct tape and bailing wire at QB. So is it really that?
We at least have an offense, though. Their passing game is worse than suspect. So you have a head coach that hasn't developed a QB that also doesn't try to pass the ball that much to even make the defense worry about getting beat for loading the box.

LSU's 2015 passing numbers in 10 games:
234 attempts
128 completions
1821 yards
7.78 yards/attempt
14.23 yards/competion
12 TDs
4 INTs

Only two power 5 teams have thrown less passes this season than LSU - Texas (208) and Georgia Tech (174). Obviously, Tech doesn't throw much due to running the option.

The upset LSU fans give the impression they would be fine with not developing a QB if the offense was more balanced. Compared to those 234 passing attempts, LSU has 419 rushing attempts on the season. In a game when the front seven is stout (ala Alabama), why would an offense want to continue to run the ball (26 rushes) instead of trying to pass more (19 attempts) to move help the run game?

At least, that seems to be one of the biggest complaints I've heard or read.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

What if LSU fires Miles, UGA fires Richt, Miles lands in Athens and then owns the east division for about the next 10 years?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

What if LSU fires Miles, UGA fires Richt, Miles lands in Athens and then owns the east division for about the next 10 years?
Les would fit in quite well in Athens honestly.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

The weird thing about LSU, is everyone always says that Les is going to be fired cause he can't develop a QB. But we've been winning with duct tape and bailing wire at QB. So is it really that?
Uh, yeah, it is; and you answered the why in your first sentence. Bama has been able to do just that; in the last two years, in no small part due to LK.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

The grass may be sweeter somewhere else Coach Miles!
Bon mot of the day - and betting the deLSUional fan base has that grass come back at them as a serving of fresh cow patty.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

15 million is a lot of money for a buyout. But far worse for them is the will loose some number one recruits and have a new coach starting over. Look at UcheaT 42 and 44 since Phat Phil got fired.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

15 million is a lot of money for a buyout. But far worse for them is the will loose some number one recruits and have a new coach starting over. Look at UcheaT 42 and 44 since Phat Phil got fired.
PTB have already gone on record as saying that is not a problem. There are those in high places who haven't been Lester fans for a couple of years; should he clean out his coaching staff and remain (slim chance), his buyout won't be the reason.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006

It won't happen but...

LSU fires Miles and Saban retires at the end of the season. Miles comes here and LSU gets dominated for the next several years by Miles. Two former LSU coaches (that they fans say they would never want back because their current coach is the best) come to Bama and own the Tigers. Again, it would never happen but oh how delightful that would be.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Les would fit in quite well in Athens honestly.
If Mark Richt is always on the hot seat how do you feel Les would not be? Richt is 74% and always "getting fired". Les is 78% and always "getting fired". Seems about the same problem in either place.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com

If Mark Richt is always on the hot seat how do you feel Les would not be? Richt is 74% and always "getting fired". Les is 78% and always "getting fired". Seems about the same problem in either place.
sad but true...are we reaching a point to where it takes a 90% winning percentage to ensure job security? I understand that there are frustrated board members in Baton Rouge, but geez, they need to have a history primer on LSU from, oh, say 1970 through 1999, to give them some perspective. LSU is a great program, but not an elite one,at the level of Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St., etc., in terms of long term sustained success.. Coach Saban made them among the elites when he was there, and Coach Miles has built on that (or at least sustained it, some might argue) and firing him for his record is, well...just not smart. I get it if they don't like him, but they could be in so much worse shape. Look at Tennessee, Nebraska, heck, even Notre Dame was a laughing stock for a time...careful what you wish for...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

.are we reaching a point to where it takes a 90% winning percentage to ensure job security?
I think that is what you get a $4+ million salary. Maybe you don't consider LSU an elite program, but that is an elite coach's salary. If they want to go back to making $500,000k a year or so, maybe they can have more leeway.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I think that is what you get a $4+ million salary. Maybe you don't consider LSU an elite program, but that is an elite coach's salary. If they want to go back to making $500,000k a year or so, maybe they can have more leeway.
I think the pay was going up regardless and schools aren't afraid of the huge buyouts either. IMHO, it is social media driving the unrealistic expectations. LSU has been a good school over the years, but as it has been stated here before, not an elite level team. They have had top recruiting classes since Saban was there and the expectations are higher now than they were 20 years ago, but they-like Auburn- want to be us which isn't going to happen. . Has Les underachieved at LSU? I don't think so. I think he has done about as much as he could with the teams he has had there. Just as no one could beat coach Bryant consistently, no one is going to beat Saban on a regular basis. The Saban Effect so to speak.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

Has Les underachieved at LSU? I don't think so. I think he has done about as much as he could with the teams he has had there. Just as no one could beat coach Bryant consistently, no one is going to beat Saban on a regular basis. The Saban Effect so to speak.
I think the fans are more frustrated with his predicable I formation offense. Like Bryant and now Saban, they want him to move on from an offense that they see as ineffective at this point in time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.