LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

Les played at Michigan, right? Could anyone see him head north to Illinois, Maryland, or one of the other Big 10+4 jobs? Maybe to Iowa State or Syracuse?

Heck, even Mizzou or Minnesota?
With the territory he probably recruited at Oklahoma State, I would think Mizzou would be an ideal place for Miles.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Texas boosters should finance the buyout then hire Les.

PatternMatching

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 1, 2011

Had to turn on the weekly press conference to see if any decision had been made by the administration. Humorously, someone asked Miles about whether he stands behind the sentiment that the team is "really good" and possibly one of the better LSU teams he's coached.

His possible Freudian slip response: "I think we're a very talented team. We got (k)nick'ed."

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

What was the purpose of this press conference?
It was his regular weekly PC. Saban had his just a few minutes ago also. Almost all coaches have a PC on Monday of game week..

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN

It was his regular weekly PC. Saban had his just a few minutes ago also. Almost all coaches have a PC on Monday of game week..
I realize that now. I guess my question should have been: why was it broadcast live on ESPN?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011

Les is 62, obviously still young enough to coach some more, but with a 15 million buy out, thats a heck of a retirement package if he wants to just call it a day.

PatternMatching

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 1, 2011

I realize that now. I guess my question should have been: why was it broadcast live on ESPN?
Joe Schad and ESPN were becoming more and more "sure" that something imminent was going to happen with Miles. I guess that is still possible -- but the rhetoric as recently as today with other reporters from LSU AD has been shock and surprise at the rumor that he may get bought out.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Les is 62, obviously still young enough to coach some more, but with a 15 million buy out, thats a heck of a retirement package if he wants to just call it a day.
If he's out at L5U and doesn't want to coach, I'd love to see him a regular on something like College GameDay.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Joe Schad and ESPN were becoming more and more "sure" that something imminent was going to happen with Miles. I guess that is still possible -- but the rhetoric as recently as today with other reporters from LSU AD has been shock and surprise at the rumor that he may get bought out.
It still could.

Everything pointed to resolution by the end of the day. Still a long way to go.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

I can promise you that I would call it a day if I had that buyout, and my superiors decided to make a change. No question!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

The problem is they are not the Kentucky of SEC basketball. They might think they are and therein lies the problem. Prior to Nick Saban arriving, where would they rank in the SEC in football? Somewhere below, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, and Auburn right?

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

Flip side of that is he could have 0. In 2007, he lost to Kentucky and an unranked Arkansas and somehow still got to the BCSNCG.
And Saban could have only a 2009 NC if some crazy fluke loses by other teams don't happen in 2011 and 2012.

And to be honest, LSU's 5 loses in a row to UA could honestly be a 2-5 record with them coming off a win last season. So 2-2 before this year's game. They had us beat in 2012 and 2014, almost the exact same way too.

Saban is clearly a better coach than Miles. But if LSU was in the East there is no doubt in my mind that our yearly showdowns would be in Atlanta.

No team is going to consistently compete with Alabama with Nick Saban on the sidelines, much less a team in the same division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superbamashane

1st Team
Aug 14, 2006
Sylacauga, AL

With all of the rumors circulating, I wonder how may schools with openings have already placed calls to gauge CLM's interest?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.