LSU Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (situation still unsettled)...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: L5U Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Per Baton Rouge Advocate)

I'm just watching the Joe Alleva PC, and man what a spineless snake! If I were Les, I'd wait until about 2 days before NSD and I'd tell the school President "You announce Alleva is gone today, or I resign TODAY!"
He was sarcastic with his explanation..."Miles is our coach and will be our coach"...as if to belittle anyone who might have thought differently...when it was his continued silence that kept the crap going.
I agree, Les should say "It's him or me, but not both."

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Re: L5U Coach Les Miles May Be Coaching For His Job (Update: Les is staying)

Okay if he does make staff changes and that includes Steele. Do we take him back on our staff? He has been with us 2 or 3 times so it's obvious that coach respects his ability on some level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Okay if he does make staff changes and that includes Steele. Do we take him back on our staff? He has been with us 2 or 3 times so it's obvious that coach respects his ability on some level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
We may have to with the recruiters we are going to potentially lose this off-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

I think after seeing player and fan reaction and how they embraced Miles after the game, the AD got a call from the school president and was told to "FIX THIS NOW" or be fired. Don't know any facts but it seems a possibility.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

Not surprised if the AD gets shown the door. He has a history of handling things poorly. 1st he was the one that forced the Duke lacrosse coach to resign on the false rape charges. 2nd he ran Chavis off and is currently being sued over breach of contract by Chavis. 3rd this cluster of a coaching search. Would not surprise me if he and the boosters got overruled by the president because of all the egg on their face.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

It would be hilarious to see Miles string them along until after the bowl game, then bolt for a decent gig somewhere else and leave them all high and dry. Don't know where that would be at this point though.
Georgia?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The latest from the LSU President is amazingly stupid. LINK
They kept him to save $$$, and admit it publicly. Wow! Les must be feeling the love. :rolleyes:

“After the type of budget battle we went through this past spring we certainly do not need to be throwing tens of millions of dollars around under certain circumstances,” he says. “We don't need to go into the next legislative session with a black eye that we're throwing tens of millions of dollars around on issues that aren't associated with academic progress.”

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

They kept him to save $$$, and admit it publicly. Wow! Les must be feeling the love. :rolleyes:
Second statement to the effect that they really wanted to let him go but couldn't.

Public was behind Les and we would look bad.
That's a lot of money and we would look bad.

No saying, "We really think he is the guy."

Now Miles has all of pull right now. It will be interesting whether he gets a contract extension after a good season, if they just let it run out, or if they are just waiting for a bad enough season for the public to get behind them.

My opinion of him hasn't changed much over the years. I still think he is a good coach, has no problems getting and keeping his team behind him, has a quirky charisma that endears himself. I just don't see this lasting long unless something great happens for him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Essentially confirming what Joe Schad reported Sunday morning.

With Bama likely to have somewhat of a down year, wouldn't surprise me to see them win the SEC next year. Then he'll make them pay.
If he makes the offense a little more versatile, I agree. He'll have Leonard with a couple of solid WRs and possibly a decent QB in Brandon Harris.

Then again, I'm not sure I would have enough faith in a Kevin Steele defense.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

With Bama likely to have somewhat of a down year, wouldn't surprise me to see them win the SEC next year. Then he'll make them pay.
Started to like this and then realized what this would mean :conf3:

Nice to have the ability to unlike what I shouldn't have liked :)

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

If I were Les, I'd leave them high and dry about a week before signing day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If I were Les, I'd leave them high and dry about a week before signing day.
I don't know what it would cost him to walk away in terms of a buyout, but if I were him I would certainly tell my agent to start looking for opportunities on the QT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.