Texas to unload the cash truck for Saban (New Report)

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
I realize this is a sore worn out redundant topic but .......My question is what the heck do we have to do to finally squash this crap. I cant stand seeing this stuff each year. What does it take. 10 million a year?

I should also say this was reported by foxsports Brian Jones this morning.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Re: Texas to unload the cash truck for Saban ( New Report)

In case anyone is wondering where this is coming from Gio and Jones radio show.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL

I also heard this "report". At this point, the same guy (Jones) a former Longhorn himself, said it was 50/50 they even get rid of Strong. Until that happens, it's a moot point. But like the original poster said, it gets tiresome to have to deal with these rumors toward the end of every football season. Heck, we're not even to bowl season, and rumors are already spreading that Saban is going to the Colts. Saban is going to the Longhorns.

I suppose it comes with the territory of having such a winning program and the success creates deals like this - rumors of all the time.

It came up on my Apple Watch and I was like again? I don't think Texas will ever be the same with Baylor and TCU now in the BIG 12 and doing big things there in that State and also since A&M joined the SEC that has hurt their recruiting an well.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I realize this is a sore worn out redundant topic but .......My question is what the heck do we have to do to finally squash this crap. I cant stand seeing this stuff each year. What does it take. 10 million a year?

I should also say this was reported by foxsports Brian Jones this morning.
I heard from a source last year that 10 mil was what was being offered; the final story came out as it being much less, but he sticks by his claim; said they didn't want to be embarrassed by someone turning down 10 mil to coach there, that's why the final numbers were less. TIFWIW

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Ignore it. It's just more of the same yada, yada, yada that goes around about this time every year.
If by chance CNS does decide to leave, whether it's for retirement or whatever, you can be assured we'll hear it from him first.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Saban is not going to spend the last 3-5 years of his career building a program.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

So in another news.. Huntsville high Panthers are going to take a run at Coach Saban and they are willing to offer 3x less than He is making at Alabama... but rest assured, he will have unlimited recuiting around the city and He get to teach a class on leadership.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Saban is not going to spend the last 3-5 years of his career building a program.
Yes. That, and there were huge financial concessions made, through supporter networks, which benefited the Sabans tremendously. I don't think the Sabans would walk away from that. I thought at the time that Saban to UT had been put to rest forever. Unless I see something more than a UT homer's radio show pushing a speculation, I'll keep that attitude...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Yes. That, and there were huge financial concessions made, through supporter networks, which benefited the Sabans tremendously. I don't think the Sabans would walk away from that. I thought at the time that Saban to UT had been put to rest forever. Unless I see something more than a UT homer's radio show pushing a speculation, I'll keep that attitude...
Hope you are right.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

I never thought about this. This thought^^^^^^ makes me feel better. It just gets annoying that this crap comes out every year. Drives my nerves crazy. RTR

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I know Bama boosters bought his multi-million dollar house, then let him use it as long as he wants to, which I think is similar to the situation Coach Bryant had. (if I have my story right.) They bought his house, and we are paying him around 7 million a year...surely he didn't need additional financial incentive to stay. I don't doubt what you said, I'm just curious.

Some Texas guy popping off on the radio is nothing to worry about. I sincerely hope we will not start seeing new quotes from Saban's agent fanning this stuff this time around. I don't think we will.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

But "sources" say otherwise and you know how reliable "sources" are in the world of college football. :biggrin:

Seriously, you're exactly right. Coach Saban had a much more colorful way of putting it on the "Hey Coach" show a few years ago.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I know Bama boosters bought his multi-million dollar house, then let him use it as long as he wants to, which I think is similar to the situation Coach Bryant had. (if I have my story right.) They bought his house, and we are paying him around 7 million a year...surely he didn't need additional financial incentive to stay. I don't doubt what you said, I'm just curious.

Some Texas guy popping off on the radio is nothing to worry about. I sincerely hope we will not start seeing new quotes from Saban's agent fanning this stuff this time around. I don't think we will.
They also bailed him out of some disastrous business deals. In the end, a move wasn't worth it. It would be even less worth to it at his age...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.