News Article: Jameis Winston threatens to sue CNN over documentary

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Well I did not know a thing about the CNN documentary . I hate it for Hueytown who gave us the Allisons and Neil Bonnett now they get to endure the enigma of Winston . Thank you little Jamie for becoming a Nole . He just gave them a huge ratings boost. And big payday for the lawyers.

"The Hunting Ground" debuted at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year. The documentary, in part, highlights the rape investigation against Winston while he was at Florida State and features the first public interview from Winston's accuser, Erica Kinsman.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-jameis-winston-threatens-sue-cnn-documentary

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let him sue. It will only make it that much bigger a story and at some point he'll have to fess up.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I think, the only way people would believe he did not do it is if he had video proof, even than it would be hard to believe.
Years ago I was in court with a shoplifter I had caught. I told the judge that I saw her pick up a large jar of Nescafe and put it in her purse and leave the store with paying for it. The judge asked her how she was pleading and she said "not guilty". The judge asked her how that coffee got into her purse and she said "you honor, I had my purse open and sitting in the baby basket of my buggy and when I went by the coffee section the jar fell off the shelf and into my purse."

The judge looked at her for 10 seconds or so and sort of leaned over his desk and said "would you mind telling me that again". She looked down at her shoes and would say nothing else. I guess she realized just how silly that sounded. Rap Rap. Guilty.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
The "documentary" is full of outright lies and misrepresentations. I don't know about the part with Winston, but there are other parts that are flat out dishonest.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I usually don't watch CNN, but I will DVR that program. Usually too Progressive, but much better than NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, ABC, CBS, etc. I will be VERY disappointed if they cave in to his threats of a lawsuit!

How would Coach Fisher have reacted if that had been his daughter?

I agree ROTYDE, someday "that which happens in the dark will be revealed in the light." You can bank on it!

"Evil is Not seen in the darkness, but Truth will be seen in the Light!"

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
The "documentary" is full of outright lies and misrepresentations. I don't know about the part with Winston, but there are other parts that are flat out dishonest.
Are you sure? Do you have first hand knowledge that there are lies and misrepresentations? I'm NOT being critical of you, I just want the TRUTH brought to the light. I too would not want to be accused of something that I did NOT do, but I really would like to know the TRUTH. I do believe that people are in prison for being falsely accused and convicted of something that did NOT do, even rape.

Since I'm going to DVR it and watch it in my free time, please let us know what areas are flat out dishonest. I always CRITIQUE EVERYTHING that I watch, because I just don't want to be naive.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I don't know why anyone thinks anything is going to change in this case.
I don't know if anything will change, but I would like to see the TRUTH come out and someone held accountable for their actions. If not legally, then financially.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well I did not know a thing about the CNN documentary . I hate it for Hueytown who gave us the Allisons and Neil Bonnett now they get to endure the enigma of Winston . Thank you little Jamie for becoming a Nole . He just gave them a huge ratings boost. And big payday for the lawyers.

"The Hunting Ground" debuted at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year. The documentary, in part, highlights the rape investigation against Winston while he was at Florida State and features the first public interview from Winston's accuser, Erica Kinsman.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-jameis-winston-threatens-sue-cnn-documentary
Well, the Allisons are "on loan." Bobby was born and raised in Miami... :D

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
The producer of the movie/documentary describes how since she is not a journalist, she didn't have to get the other side's story. Sounds like a grand jury. haha. DVR set.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.