anonymous claims Daesh has an attack planned for Atlanta Sunday night, among others

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/hac...ms-isis-has-plans-for-more-attacks-on-sunday/

Anonymous, the loose collective of online activists, said Saturday it has uncovered information about Islamic State group attacks in Paris as well as on locations in the U.S., Indonesia, Italy and Lebanon, all apparently set for Sunday. OpParisIntel, a group within Anonymous, released a statement saying it had collected information about imminent attacks by the militant group -- aka Daesh, ISIL and ISIS -- on the French capital a little more than a week after a series of coordinated attacks there left 130 dead and hundreds injured.

Anonymous also said the Islamic State group is planning an assault at the WWE Survivor Series event scheduled to take place in the Philips Arena in Atlanta Sunday at 7.30 p.m., as well as attacks at multiple events in Paris.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The question remains whether they are really helping or not. It might be better to communicate what they've found only with the appropriate authorities...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The question remains whether they are really helping or not. It might be better to communicate what they've found only with the appropriate authorities...
their comment on that

"We only appeared now because our goal was to remain undercover and report everything to the right authorities and let them take all the action. But when authorities do not take action, Anonymous does. This part of the op started last Monday and has, and will be active 24 hours a day as long as the op is going on."

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
It is my opinion that Anonymous, ironically, only cares about the news splash they make. It's just a game to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It is my opinion that Anonymous, ironically, only cares about the news splash they make. It's just a game to them.

the crazy thing about anonymous is that the really is no "they" you could claim it as could I or anyone else.

but I agree with you I think this is just a "look at me" moment from them but I felt it had to be posted in case

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
the crazy thing about anonymous is that the really is no "they" you could claim it as could I or anyone else.

but I agree with you I think this is just a "look at me" moment from them but I felt it had to be posted in case
Very true and I appreciate you posting the story. If true, I suppose it is good "they" are doing something. But where were they a year ago when ISIS was beheading men in the streets and selling the women and children as sex slaves?

IMO Anonymous is a loose collection of unconnected wanna-be social justice hackers who want to feel important and more powerful than government bodies. If they really cared they would serve their respective countries, not condescendingly pass them information then tell the world how they saved everybody.

Why release this the day prior to these supposed attacks? I think it's for the attention.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This reminds me of the Coventry gambit (which is frequently mis-interpreted) or the fictional instance in the film The Imitation Game, when you reveal sources, the target clams up or changes techniques. Whether revealing sources and methods to protect one particular targets is normally best left to government, since they have a number of other sources.
Anonymous, in revealing this, has reminded Daesh of the need to encrypt or change how they communicate.

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN

There harsh reality is that, that is all media or news stations. Nevertheless if they have discovered something it is good they are putting out an alert.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Can you Snopes an event that hasn't happened yet?
Snopes was able to hack Anonymous and discovered chatter that indicated some guys calling themselves Anonymous had, in fact, made the whole thing up. One of the most telling pieces of info uncovered was a forum message that read "Bro people are such suckers! They think we can hack anything!"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.