The Citadel Upsets SC

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Tee hee.

I guess the Ol' Ball Coach knew what he was talking about when he kept saying "We're not a very good team."

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Tee hee.

I guess the Ol' Ball Coach knew what he was talking about when he kept saying "We're not a very good team."
SOS saw the writing on the wall. He didn't want to believe it at first, but he realized it was past time to go.
(Like excrement thru a Tin Horn, he was out of there that fast) Can I say that? If not please delete.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Wasn't it the Citedel that gave us Joe Kines at Arkansas? I am betting that Spurrier is glad he was not the coach of this game like Jack Crowe, who quit on the spot ha ha.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I'm guessing that their 'acting' HC this year won't be the real HC next year.
After watching the Spurrier press conference, he sounded like a very capable coach, but yes the odds were heavily stacked against him. I am sure this puts the nail in. He is a good coordinator.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I feel sorry for the gamecocks, seems they are sliding back towards their mean. 1-10 and 0-11 might be creeping back up on them. Hope they can get a coach to get them competitive for the east again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Steve should be ashamed of himself for bailing on those players.
At least leaving when he did gives the administration a jump on finding a replacement. Sounds like the players stopped listening. He thought they needed a new voice. I think there is no way they lose this game with him coaching so in that sense his bailing was bad. Head start to find a new coach good.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
At least leaving when he did gives the administration a jump on finding a replacement. Sounds like the players stopped listening. He thought they needed a new voice. I think there is no way they lose this game with him coaching so in that sense his bailing was bad. Head start to find a new coach good.
And where did it get them? On his worst day, Spurrier knows more about college football than all the members of that team put together. When they think they know so much more than the coach that they can coach themselves, then they get what they deserve when he walks out. JMHO

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Yes...he walked out on them. I was an admirer, but not anymore. Go down with the ship.

I did not think so until I saw how bad this team is, he jumped the team before it jumped the shark and left his assistants to bare the misery. I think ESPN's fanfare was purely to lure him as a future employee. You would have thought he had passed away.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.