Ohio State vs Michigan State

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I can't imagine him playing again, I think Urban will have to bench him so he doesn't lose the team any worse.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Saying "there's no chance I'm coming back next year" is like slapping your fanbase in the face. He sounds vindictive towards the program. He should've worded it differently.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The character of a warrior is best measured when the chips are down.

Losing a game is one of those tests of one's character.

To do something like this demonstrates he failed the test.

It's sad for the program but mostly for Zeke.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Also I think there is a difference between "we should have won the game" and "we should have won the game, my coaches are incompetent, and I don't really care about this university I am going pro".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah! Little, self important brat having a tantrum because the coaches "wouldn't listen to his directions"? Are you kidding me?!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Ezekial Elliott pretty classless statements about staff post game

I get being emotional, but man....I'm glad that I haven't seen stuff like this from the Bama players. I know there was an emotional tweet or two post ole miss, but not against the staff or university.

If you don't want to click here's the excerpts from the initial article...

"The junior said after the second-ranked Buckeyes lost Saturday that there was ''no chance'' he'd be coming back in 2016."

"After the game, he was critical of his coaches and questioned why he only carried the ball only 12 times. He said the staff, led by coach Urban Meyer, did not put the team in a position to win."

Apparently Cardale Jones alluded to leaving after this season as well. Stuff like this shows the character of a team.

I feel like another Urban Meyer team is being exposed, just like his thugtastic organization he built while at Florida. I don't like urban Meyer, never have, and will always believe he's....I'm just gonna stop.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/elliot-blasts-coaches-wont-return-ohio-state-next-005924751--ncaaf.html
Elliott runs for just 33 yards against Michigan State

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I remember a game or two (and I'm sure you all do too) where I thought the play calling may have cost us the game, but I can't justify a player doing that. Plus, every NFL coach will hear that interview before the draft next year.
After that outburst, I would think twice (well, more than twice) before drafting him if I needed a RB.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Re: Ezekial Elliott pretty classless statements about staff post game

I get being emotional, but man....I'm glad that I haven't seen stuff like this from the Bama players. I know there was an emotional tweet or two post ole miss, but not against the staff or university.

If you don't want to click here's the excerpts from the initial article...

"The junior said after the second-ranked Buckeyes lost Saturday that there was ''no chance'' he'd be coming back in 2016."

"After the game, he was critical of his coaches and questioned why he only carried the ball only 12 times. He said the staff, led by coach Urban Meyer, did not put the team in a position to win."

Apparently Cardale Jones alluded to leaving after this season as well. Stuff like this shows the character of a team.

I feel like another Urban Meyer team is being exposed, just like his thugtastic organization he built while at Florida. I don't like urban Meyer, never have, and will always believe he's....I'm just gonna stop.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/elliot-blasts-coaches-wont-return-ohio-state-next-005924751--ncaaf.html
Elliott runs for just 33 yards against Michigan State

Being discussed in the game thread... but Wow!

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Re: Ezekial Elliott pretty classless statements about staff post game

Well, Urbie's an idiot if he doesn't bench this little hissy fit throwin' tyrant! Mad 'cause the coaches didn't do what he wanted them to so he's going to pick up his marbles and go home.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Doesn't happen. He's still the best RB on the team, and it's still Urban Meyer. He'll do whatever it takes to win the games now.
Like you, I'll believe it when I see it. We are talking about the same coach who was an enabler of Aaron Hernandez. My guess is that it will all be explained away by Urbie as an internal matter, and Elliott will suit up for Michigan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.