Ohio State vs Michigan State

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Did the "other" tOSU guy (LeBron) make a Freudian slip on Urbie's behalf when he said "I blew a casket" with an outburst Saturday night vs. Golden State? Bigger B1G question this week should be, Is James (The renowned hot assistant coaches' wives recruiter) Franklin coaching for his job against Sparty? He ain't coached for much of nothing in the Nittany Valley up to now...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Yesterday I was watching "Hey Coach" when CNS was telling of the 1998 MSU/OSU game in which he was coaching the MSU team. OSU went into the game ranked #1 in the country, as they had been all year. MSU was unranked and was 4-5 going into the game. He had been talking to the team psychologist and was told to quit looking at the whole game but to look at one play at a time. "Try to concentrate on one play at a time. Beat them one play at a time, then the next play, then the next." He relayed this to the team, and they did just that. They upset OSU 28-25, and he's used that same "process" ever since.
As I was watching the MSU/OSU game yesterday, I thought, "Ohio State is getting Processed."
:biggrin:

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
lol I laughed when I saw the clip on SEC Now of the fans at the game in Tuscaloosa reacting to OSUs losing. Just wild.
I pulled for Michigan State to win due to my ties to the state but I am surprised that OSU actually lost. Just seemed like this year was tailor-made for them to play lights out like they did at the end of last year. The reactions after the game seem to show there were possible more internal issues with this team than known. But yeah, OSU is out of the playoff race. Stranger things have happened but I doubt MSU loses to Penn State. If Clemson, Alabama, and MSU win out, they should all be in. The fourth spot depends on how ND, Stanford, and Oklahoma finish.
OSU this year reminds me a bit of us in 2010. We were defending champs with a ton of returning talent, but we seemed to play more as individuals who were starting to think about making money in the pros than as a team on a mission to win a championship. If OSU played in the SEC, I'm guessing they would have more than one loss this year. We never should have lost three games in 2010, but we did. Ironically, OSU finally lost this year to MSU; whereas, we probably played our best game in 2010 against MSU and absolutely crushed them. This once again shows that it is easier to get to the top than to stay there. I'm glad Coach Saban has stayed with us and kept us on top.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Guys (and girls),

I owe you and Parker an apology. When I first read the comments about Elliott, I thought he made them on TWITTER. Had a lot going on and didn't pay close attention to the details here (was educating my son on his first trip out tonight about why you don't take your cell phone by the gas pump - he wasn't listening so I pulled up a video of a fire with a cell phone; I hope I got his attention). That's no excuse but I didn't notice it was a VERBAL INTERVIEW.

Obviously there is no comparison whatsoever between the petulant and juvenile remarks of Ezekiel Elliott and a backup expressing confidence (as well as frustration) on Twitter. Hopefully, someone explained to Elliott last night how terrible he looked and he will man up and apologize and say, "Look, I was frustrated and we lost everything - tip your hat to Michigan State for playing a great game."

Otherwise, I have to agree with those saying Urban has lost the team. My apologies for a misplaced comparison, please note it was not intentional (and btw - that's still no excuse on my part, I just messed up).

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
*Thanks to another poster on another site but this is so funny I had to share:

Urban Meyer post-game interview

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My only comment on the reaction of Zeke is my disappointment. Grow up.

As for the rest - Cardale and Zeke were both gone after the season no matter the outcome of the year. These announcements surprised no one and will change nothing.

Now thinking about the game with UM and am stoked as always. Love rivalry weekend.

Go Bucks!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This year bore a resemblance to Meyer’s 2009 season at Florida. Then, as now, he coached the defending national champions and top-heavy favorites to repeat. Then, as now, he lost his talented offensive coordinator to a head-coaching job (Dan Mullen to Mississippi State). Then, as now, the offense rarely, if ever, clicked the way it had before – but the wins kept coming.

And then, as now, there came a crushing upset loss that derailed a dynasty.

The ’09 Gators ran into Nick Saban and Alabama in the Southeastern Conference championship game and were routed. The ’15 Buckeyes ran into Mark Dantonio and Michigan State, as mentally tough a program as you will find.

Everyone – myself included – gave the Spartans little to no chance without starting quarterback Connor Cook. In a season marked by offensive line injuries and an inconsistent running game, the three-year starter had been Michigan State’s rock, ranking second in the Big Ten in passer rating. Without him, this looked like it could get ugly.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/urban-...r-loss-to-michigan-state-022315237-ncaaf.html

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

As for the rest - Cardale and Zeke were both gone after the season no matter the outcome of the year. These announcements surprised no one and will change nothing.

Now thinking about the game with UM and am stoked as always. Love rivalry weekend.

Go Bucks!
You think Cardale would have won the game?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You think Cardale would have won the game?
No idea, but probably not. He has not been very productive this season. JT simply has not been the same player sincehis arrest. But the stats are pretty clear. MSU beat us badly yesterday. Our only points came off of MSU turnovers. Without them we would have been shut out.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Go Bucks!

Should be a good game. Next weekend has a good slate of games.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
No idea, but probably not. He has not been very productive this season. JT simply has not been the same player sincehis arrest. But the stats are pretty clear. MSU beat us badly yesterday. Our only points came off of MSU turnovers. Without them we would have been shut out.
Maybe his power running up the middle and his ability to stretch the defense would have been the difference. It was the difference against us. That big body running up the middle opened things up for Zeke imo.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Mark Schlabach writes, "Somehow, it took us 12 weeks to figure out the Buckeyes aren't really that good."

Nope. Not me. One reason I don't give credence to who the writers think are good and not good. If he thought Ohio State was really good after skimming by that cupcake schedule, I question his football IQ.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Mark Schlabach writes, "Somehow, it took us 12 weeks to figure out the Buckeyes aren't really that good."

Nope. Not me. One reason I don't give credence to who the writers think are good and not good. If he thought Ohio State was really good after skimming by that cupcake schedule, I question his football IQ.
I agree. Only the delusional among our fan base remained unworried. Our defense has played well, but not great, while our offense has been a hot mess all season. Just when we looked to be settling in, JT got arrested. Killed that momentum and confidence.

I have been and will remain an optimist whenever we take the field, but we had too many question marks going into yesterday's game for me to have any confidence.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I remember before the season got started we had someone suggest Bama would be in a better position to make a title run if we could get the backup qb from Ohio state to transfer to Bama. I argued Bama would do fine without him.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

ouch. true, but ouch.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.