Ohio State vs Michigan State

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Sports Illustrated story on Mark Dantonio at Mich St.

"Outside of Michigan, people may not fully understand what Dantonio has accomplished. He has done one of the best coaching jobs you will find in any sport this century. He did what many Michigan State fans worried was impossible, then he kept doing it. And he has done it the same way he got the job in the first place: by slowing things down. "

http://www.campusrush.com/mark-dantonio-michigan-state-spartans-1462161573.html

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I thought 2014 made it evidently clear that Barrett was the better passing quarterback and Miller would not be able to win back the starting job. Then Cardale Jones had a superb finish and it looked like Miller was the third string QB. Why consider transferring unless you're not confident that you can win back the starting job?
Agreed, but he has not been the same player this year. No idea why - maybe complacency. Miller has been great.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Have to wonder if there have been any locker room fights since JT's arrest and Urban's immediate reinstatement. Bet some players didn't like it too much.

That was the first real incident that indicated his Florida days are beginning to happen in Columbus.
I hope not, but you can't help but wonder.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Hate that you all lost B1GTide and thats real. I am a Michigan State fan second to Bama but I really though you guys would flip the switch and hand it to them. I hope the situation with Elliot is a one-time thing and doesnt carry over into the rest of the season. Attitudes like that can be cancerous unfortunately. Good luck against UM.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hate that you all lost B1GTide and thats real. I am a Michigan State fan second to Bama but I really though you guys would flip the switch and hand it to them. I hope the situation with Elliot is a one-time thing and doesnt carry over into the rest of the season. Attitudes like that can be cancerous unfortunately. Good luck against UM.
Thank you

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That's an awesome quote.
Wooden was at the 1991 NCAA Final Four where UNLV was a huge favorite to repeat. He was there because nobody had repeated since his last year combined with Bartow's first. UNLV lost to essentially the same Duke team they had routed in 1990 (the biggest blowout in championship game history) and Wooden got off that line when asked about UNLVs 'dynasty.'

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Ohio got 2 gifts from MSU Satuday night and that was the only reason they had 14 pts. Ohio was exposed in their first game versus a ranked opponent. Michigan will walk all over Urban's boys on Saturday. The Michigan D is for real and will stop the run game of Ohio.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
No way would I hurt the rest of my team by sitting Elliot. IMO this is a case of young men get frustrated and say things they shouldn't when they shouldn't. If he was taking the attitude further in practice, and being a complete cancer to the team that is something else. I don't know that that is the case from that one interview.

That said, the team is obviously not playing together and if they don't get it together quick, Michigan will beat them easily. I think Michigan is good enough to beat them without all of the drama especially at home.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.