Ohio State vs Michigan State

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Ohio State is still a good team. I'm not convinced they are completely out of the hunt for a playoff spot here. Lots of top teams looking vulnerable today. Next week will be telling.
They're done.
Their schedule is sooooo awful they had to run the table this year. Barring Penn St. shocking Sparty (and that offense sucks way to bad) the acorns will be watching and wondering what could have been.

On a side note CUM is relieved he won't have to be processed by Saban again in a revenge beatdown. Instead, CNS had a discipline go ahead with the mercy killing.

That last drive was like the end of Old Yeller!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'm assuming those of you who think Ohio State is completely dead and buried don't even recall 2011 and 2012 in Tuscaloosa.

Ohio State is down, but they're not out of it yet.

They beat Michigan (easy to see)
Penn State beats Michigan State
Ohio State beats unbeaten Iowa in the B1G title game
Baylor beats Okie State (probable at this point)
Okie State beats OU
TCU upsets Baylor
Stanford beats Notre Dame
Florida State beats Florida

And we lose one of the next two. In fact, if we lose to Auburn and Ole Miss wins the Egg Bowl, we're out of it, too.

Keep in mind those last two might not even have to happen for Ohio State to make the game. And they'll be spotted the 'champion privilege' if it comes down to it.

Let's not even talk about what if Clemson loses to S Carolina. Do I see that happening? No, but nobody saw Iowa State beating Okie State in 2011, either.

Their hopes are on life support; they're not in the crematorium yet.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
They're done.
Their schedule is sooooo awful they had to run the table this year. Barring Penn St. shocking Sparty (and that offense sucks way to bad) the acorns will be watching and wondering what could have been.

On a side note CUM is relieved he won't have to be processed by Saban again in a revenge beatdown. Instead, CNS had a discipline go ahead with the mercy killing.

That last drive was like the end of Old Yeller!
no they will be playing on New Years Day just not in the playoff. They might get Navy in one of the bowls.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
no they will be playing on New Years Day just not in the playoff. They might get Navy in one of the bowls.
I think he meant a chance to win any sort of championship done. They do not control their own destiny in their division now either.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I love it. For whatever reason, I have quite a few FB friends who are OSU fans - they're all silent tonight. It pleases me like you wouldn't believe. All the smack talk, and the bravado - gone...

Hahahahahahahahahaha

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Whats the deal with Urban Meyer not being able to hold teams together? This kind of stuff spilling over into a press conference is on the coach...these problems weren't just happening today, this is something that has been bubbling up from behind the scenes all season. You could see it in how they were playing...

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
With his public post-game comments, Elliott put CUM and the OSU staff in a bad spot with recruits as well. Shows a lack of commitment to team and respect for coaching. Poor form.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Considering that the committee loves Iowa, which flies in the face of the same reasons they downgraded the Big-12 teams early on, leads me to believe they set this up all along to put a Big Ten team in the playoffs regardless of the outcome of the MSU-OSU game.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If Alabama played Iowa today, they'd beat them by 17+ points. Iowa is not a top 5 team, they're a tenuous top 10 team. Yet The Big-12 got undervalued by the committee for not playing anyone...who in the heck has Iowa beat beside an absolute fluke win over Wisconsin?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
If Alabama played Iowa today, they'd beat them by 17+ points. Iowa is not a top 5 team, they're a tenuous top 10 team. Yet The Big-12 got undervalued by the committee for not playing anyone...who in the heck has Iowa beat beside an absolute fluke win over Wisconsin?
I agree, I think both Arkansas and MSU could beat Iowa. I hope we get to see that.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They have 3 solid wins: 9-2 Northwestern, 8-3 Wisconsin, 8-3 Pitt. The Northwestern win was a big one too.

I just can't get behind them though...The Pitt and Wisconsin games were pretty fortuitous.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
At the Bama game the crowd cheered when they showed the score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol I laughed when I saw the clip on SEC Now of the fans at the game in Tuscaloosa reacting to OSUs losing. Just wild.
I pulled for Michigan State to win due to my ties to the state but I am surprised that OSU actually lost. Just seemed like this year was tailor-made for them to play lights out like they did at the end of last year. The reactions after the game seem to show there were possible more internal issues with this team than known. But yeah, OSU is out of the playoff race. Stranger things have happened but I doubt MSU loses to Penn State. If Clemson, Alabama, and MSU win out, they should all be in. The fourth spot depends on how ND, Stanford, and Oklahoma finish.

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
The character of a warrior is best measured when the chips are down.

Losing a game is one of those tests of one's character.

To do something like this demonstrates he failed the test.

It's sad for the program but mostly for Zeke.
This isn't too surprising from a Meyer program. Meyer, his players, nor his programs have been as resilient after losses (Tebow crying, Meyer melt-downs, etc.). It's the one thing that sets CNS apart from Meyer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.