Official Post Game Thread: Alabama vs CSU

tidegrandpa

All-American
Great game for my little man's first. Minkah was one of the first players to come out after the game and he signed everything that people put in front of him. Right before my boy got his signature Minkah's handler said he had to move on but Minkah said nah, got more to sign! Great representative for Bama!, My boy got Minkah, Robert Foster, Richard Mulrany (sp?) and I think Jarren Reed. We got Richard's about 8 blocks from the stadium as we were waiting to cross an intersection. He was walking with his parents and you could see the pride in his Dad's eyes when my son asked for his son's autograph. The funny thing is we missed out on Richard right after the game as he came over to the visitor's side just down from where we were standing but by the time I got our ball out he ran off to the locker room. My son was almost in tears when we missed him and then over an hour later there he was! Amazing day and great game. In obedience to Coach Saban we stayed the whole game! Kindness everywhere, My son even got kidnapped by some ladies in The Million Dollar band after he asked for their autograph before the game. The three of them took him to in front of the library where the rest of their section was meeting and took him into the middle of their group got a bunch of autographs for him, introduced him around and then they all posed for a picture with him in the middle! I was so proud of these college students, Anyway enough of this Great game, university and fans!!!
Good for you and your son, good job Dad.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'm just now getting back home from the game & that was as dominant of a beat-down I've seen in person..When the teams came out for practice the size difference was very noticeable, even though Charleston were smaller, it looked like every Player for Bama was faster despite being so much bigger..

I've never seen a team that looked that beat before the game ever started, just their body language during warm-up, told me Bama could pick the score they wanted to beat them by & had they wanted too lay a 100 on them we coulda done it with ease..I don't know how many Player's a visiting team can bring, but, I swear it looked like they had 25 less Player's than Bama dressed for the game..It was a great game too see in person cause I got to see the "Bo Era" of football truly begin today with his 1st TD of his college career & if he stays healthy college football just witnessed it's future best RB cause he's as good as advertised..

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I'm just now getting back home from the game & that was as dominant of a beat-down I've seen in person..When the teams came out for practice the size difference was very noticeable, even though Charleston were smaller, it looked like every Player for Bama was faster despite being so much bigger..

I've never seen a team that looked that beat before the game ever started, just their body language during warm-up, told me Bama could pick the score they wanted to beat them by & had they wanted too lay a 100 on them we coulda done it with ease..I don't know how many Player's a visiting team can bring, but, I swear it looked like they had 25 less Player's than Bama dressed for the game..It was a great game too see in person cause I got to see the "Bo Era" of football truly begin today with his 1st TD of his college career & if he stays healthy college football just witnessed it's future best RB cause he's as good as advertised..
Thanks for going to the game and cheering us on! I actually mentioned early in the first quarter on the game thread that this was the first game I can remember where we could beat a team 100-0. We worked on the passing game. If we wanted to, we could have run Henry down their throat while passing and duplicated the 1st half and done so. It seems like they perked up a little aggressive wise against our 2nd and 3dr string. I read earlier in the week that our lines had 20 to 30lbs per player across both lines, and you saw that in person. And those heavier players were faster too!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly Sabanizer!!!!..Charleston S never stood a chance even if their starting QB played..Everyone at the game I was around all thought it would be a tad bit more of a challenge for us, just cause of the type offense they run, but, as you said the speed factor killed The Buc's..I felt bad for the QB that did play, if het gets out of bed in the morning, he will have my respect after the beating he took in the game..I bet he hopes someone got the tag # of the multiple Mack Trucks that ran him over in T-Town..
Thanks for going to the game and cheering us on! I actually mentioned early in the first quarter on the game thread that this was the first game I can remember where we could beat a team 100-0. We worked on the passing game. If we wanted to, we could have run Henry down their throat while passing and duplicated the 1st half and done so. It seems like they perked up a little aggressive wise against our 2nd and 3dr string. I read earlier in the week that our lines had 20 to 30lbs per player across both lines, and you saw that in person. And those heavier players were faster too!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Exactly Sabanizer!!!!..Charleston S never stood a chance even if their starting QB played..Everyone at the game I was around all thought it would be a tad bit more of a challenge for us, just cause of the type offense they run, but, as you said the speed factor killed The Buc's..I felt bad for the QB that did play, if het gets out of bed in the morning, he will have my respect after the beating he took in the game..I bet he hopes someone got the tag # of the multiple Mack Trucks that ran him over in T-Town..
He was the real MVP of the game imo. By games end his Jersey looked like it had a year on it.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good way to represent on a Senior Day game! I loved the effort from Cyrus today, glad to see him get shine. Hats off to Charleston Southern for competing a full 4 quarters, can see why they were so successful this year. It was fitting that the backup qb was able to get the score, he took a real beating and kept on competing. lol On a side note, anyone else think Saban should have shared his curse rant from earlier this week with teams like UGA, UF, USC(east) and LSU? was a heck of a weekend for football in the SEC.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Great game for my little man's first. Minkah was one of the first players to come out after the game and he signed everything that people put in front of him. Right before my boy got his signature Minkah's handler said he had to move on but Minkah said nah, got more to sign! Great representative for Bama!, My boy got Minkah, Robert Foster, Richard Mulrany (sp?) and I think Jarren Reed. We got Richard's about 8 blocks from the stadium as we were waiting to cross an intersection. He was walking with his parents and you could see the pride in his Dad's eyes when my son asked for his son's autograph. The funny thing is we missed out on Richard right after the game as he came over to the visitor's side just down from where we were standing but by the time I got our ball out he ran off to the locker room. My son was almost in tears when we missed him and then over an hour later there he was! Amazing day and great game. In obedience to Coach Saban we stayed the whole game! Kindness everywhere, My son even got kidnapped by some ladies in The Million Dollar band after he asked for their autograph before the game. The three of them took him to in front of the library where the rest of their section was meeting and took him into the middle of their group got a bunch of autographs for him, introduced him around and then they all posed for a picture with him in the middle! I was so proud of these college students, Anyway enough of this Great game, university and fans!!!
This was my family's first game as well. I've been plenty of times, but my kids are old enough now to understand and enjoy and my wife wanted to go as well. They had a blast! It was kinda a last minute decision, so we got upper-deck seats in the North endzone (section NN-12) but I was presently surprised with the view. It was much better than I expected it to be. The attendance was great for a FCS team, but a lot of people got of there after halftime because it got cool and the wind really picked up. I saw a nacho plate/cup fly and hit some poor lady right in the head. Bless heart, she had cheese all in her hair, but "she took the hit like a boss" (in the words of my son -lol) and was actually pretty amused by it. :)

We got there early and toured the Museum, hung around and got to see all the players and coaches walk behind the Museum to the building somebody said is where they eat their pre-game meal. As I posted in the Pre-game thread, Kenyan didn't have a cast on that morning, which surprised me, but he was wearing a sling at game time. A few people were asking him if he was going to play, and he said "2 weeks". We later walked all around the quad, and checked Denny Chimes, and ended up over the Furguson Center where we ate lunch. My wife, having never been there, was blown away at how beautiful the campus is.

All in all we blast, and we'll definitely get back to more games next year.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Time to nitpick just a little:

- On Cyrus's short punt return TD, isn't the ball supposed to be dead when the kicking team touches it? It hit a Charleston Southern player's foot.
- On Cyrus's long punt return TD, I thought Harrison should have been called for a pretty bad block in the back. Then he apparently taunts the player he hurt while blocking him in the back and gets a taunting penalty. Foolish... twice on the same play.

That said, what a game for Cyrus. I hoped he'd score when he intercepted the pitch. He read that perfectly.

RTR!
On a punt the ball is only dead when the kicking team controls it. If it hits them but they do not stop it, then the ball is live. Interesting, if the receiving team fumbles, it doesn't count...goes back to the spot where the kicking team touched it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Am I the only one that is looking forward to more of Xavian Marks on the field? With his speed, wish we had him out there earlier in the season.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Shortest post-game thread I can remember... :)
Jess reinforced a game thread question I had well. Even the Press conference was bizarrely short. In the back of my mind I think coach wishes he could have worked some kinks a little longer, but it just wasn't meant to be with the Special teams getting the game out of hand so early. I am happy that you have an easier day!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Am I the only one that is looking forward to more of Xavian Marks on the field? With his speed, wish we had him out there earlier in the season.
Without a doubt! He looked very good. He is short, but a he is also very stocky looking in person. Another guy's performance that is kinda flying under the radar because it was "only Charleston Southern" is Shaun Dion Hamilton. He was in constant rotation with Reuben even early in the game, and he played pretty much the rest of the game after the starters were pulled. He stopped numerous option runs that would have been big plays if they got by him and of course the INT on the 2 point play. Despite his size, he is very good all around LB.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I WAS worried about next season with everyone from that great RB recruiting class being gone, 3 of them would have been Jr's next year. But I agree with you that Marks and Clark too, have me feeling better. They both showed their ability. And Bo showed me yards after contact, which I had not seen much of from the younger players.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Here's a couple of pics I took at the game & I thought the Million Dollar Band was absolutely awesome, those kids are really good at what they do, I thought they sounded awesome & is a great representative of the school..Bama has a great football team, a great Marching Band, the best game day atmosphere in the country, and a lot of beautiful Ladies to boot..I can understand the Bama Hate from the rest of college football..I'd hate us too if I were them..For all the grief the student section has taken over the year, I have to give them props yesterday, as the stadium began to clear out early they stayed & were loud to the very end..Just an awesome awesome send off for our Seniors in the Band & on the Football Team..

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.