Virginia Tech Player Slaps Official

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

freefall

1st Team
Apr 30, 2009
Leesburg, VA
Don't know if was NZAA or VT decision.
It was the team.

Virginia Tech senior defensive end Dadi Nicolas slapped referee Ron Cherry’s left arm away while Cherry called him for being offsides during the Hokies’ overtime loss to North Carolina on Saturday. Now Tech has slapped their star pass rusher with a half-game suspension.

Nicolas will sit out the first half of Saturday’s regular-season finale at rival Virginia, coach Frank Beamer announced Monday. “We’ve suspended him for a half of the game,” Beamer said Monday. “I’m convinced with having talked to Dadi that it was not intentional, but he did hit the referee, hit his arm, and that can’t happen. We’re going to suspend him for half of the upcoming ballgame.”
[...]
The ACC said it was satisfied with Tech’s decision.

“Tech handled it appropriately,” conference spokesman Mike Finn said. “Obviously it was an inappropriate situation.”

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
ESPN ticker states he's been suspended for the first half of next game. Don't know if was NZAA or VT decision.

Is that sufficient? I think not myself.
He believes that Dadi did not intentionally mean to hit him, but he did hit a ref, so he will be punished. So I think the half comes from not believing it was deliberate, and he has to sit on the bench vs Virginia. I am ok with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.