Virginia Tech Player Slaps Official

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Ref didn't see it so probably thought it was an accident. I am sure if he could have seen the demonstrative way he hit his arm he would have ejected the player. I at least hope he would have.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I literally don't think I've ever seen a player obviously try to physically engage a referee before in my life.

If Beamer is half the man I think he is, that punk won't see the field again this season.
I hope so, I like Beamer. It's against everything a good coach is supposed to teach. It would concern me if this is overlooked.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
That should not be tolerated , at a minimum he should have been ejected. It really is time for beamer to retire.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Yeah, this stuff is crazy! These are brats!
This and Ezekial Elliot calling out his staff for not acting on his demands of what plays should be called is alarming. If I was Beamer and Myer, I would be benching a couple of guys for at least the next game.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I was watching at the time. There's more.
UNC had the ball 3rd and 13. The VT guy thought he saw a UNC o-lineman move, so he crossed over into the neutral zone as the ball was snapped. He was so certain that UNC would be called for a false start, that he committed encroachment. The play was 3rd and 13, and UNC did not complete the pass. Because of Knucklehead, UNC was about the get a second chance, 3rd and 8. The VT was so ticked off that the refs had not called the false start on UNC that he was swinging his arms and hit the ref.
In fairness, I do not think he was trying to hit the ref, but he clearly did. That is unacceptable.
It is one of my pet peeves when players are certain that they will get a penalty against the other team that they give up on the play. This happens frequently with receivers who are certain they will get a pass interference call, that they give up trying to catch the ball, and then they don't get the PI call. You know what? Catch the dang ball and you don't have to worry about getting the PI call. In this VT case, if you are sure the other guys will get flagged for a false start, keep playing. Let the refs sort out the penalties.
This VT player Nicholas screwed his team twice on the same play. Beamer, by the way, will do nothing to this player.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.