Baylol v. OKie Lite

lizzielou

Jan 2, 2011
I understand some of the animosity towards Baylor given the contrasting styles of football, but I don't understand it on this night. Those who watched the game saw Baylor hold OSU to 8 yards rushing on 23 attempts and sack their QB 6 times, all without 2 starting D Lineman and the starting strong safety. And Baylor ran 71 times for 300 yards. I watch every game for my two favorite teams (Baylor and Alabama), and Baylor won with the Alabama formula last night.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It's more the culture that has evolved from Baylor and their fanbase regarding the SEC and that style of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzielou

Jan 2, 2011
Reading baylorfans.com is not a good barometer on the Baylor fanbase. And SEC-fatigue is not unique to Baylor fans. I personally prefer Bama's brand of football, but Baylor has found a formula that miraculously has taken the program to elite levels and out of the basement of the cellar of NCAA football for the better part of 10 years. And regarding Big 12 being a joke, I believe Baylor, OU, OSU, and TCU fall below Bama but above every other team in the SEC this year. That's an honest opinion from a Bama/Baylor fan who prefers SEC football.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Reading baylorfans.com is not a good barometer on the Baylor fanbase. And SEC-fatigue is not unique to Baylor fans. I personally prefer Bama's brand of football, but Baylor has found a formula that miraculously has taken the program to elite levels and out of the basement of the cellar of NCAA football for the better part of 10 years. And regarding Big 12 being a joke, I believe Baylor, OU, OSU, and TCU fall below Bama but above every other team in the SEC this year. That's an honest opinion from a Bama/Baylor fan who prefers SEC football.
The Big 12's biggest problem, is having no Conference Championship when every other Conference does. Couple that with the fact that these teams play a horrible string of weak SOS games early on and the heavy backloaded schedule, and its a recipe for disaster and cannibalization. Every smart fan knows that you cannot lose late and expect to get in without massive help. You can lose early, but not late.

lizzielou

Jan 2, 2011
The vast majority of Baylor fans who I could speak for agree about the OOC games...probably 100% of season ticket holders want a marquee OOC game. The calculation I think that Briles makes is that Baylor will not get the benefit of the doubt with a loss on the resume that blue blood programs do...I think he's right, but perhaps it's also a self-fulfilling prophecy...so it's undefeated or bust for Baylor (unless there is chaos late in the season). For this reason, I understood being left out last year, even though Baylor's resume was better than OSU's; I only had a problem with a laughable committee placing Baylor behind TCU all year until it didn't matter (not only did head-to-head go Baylor's way, but just about every other one of the 9 identical opponent games).

By the way, in a twist of irony, if the Big 12 had a championship game last season, South Champ Baylor would have played North Champ KSU at the end of the season, playing a 9th conference game. That's exactly what happened and Baylor won decisively.

All that said, Roll Tide! I think Bama is the overwhelming favorite to pickup #16 this year.

The Big 12's biggest problem, is having no Conference Championship and no defense when every other Conference does. Couple that with the fact that these teams play a horrible string of weak SOS games early on and the heavy backloaded schedule, and its a recipe for disaster and cannibalization. Every smart fan knows that you cannot lose late and expect to get in without massive help. You can lose early, but not late.
FIFY

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.