Saturday night was a fun night of football watching

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
<Player-speak>I only have one TV in the room where I was watching. That made it a challenging night of football watching. There is a Process, and I gave it all I had. I left it all out on the couch. I'm not sure my performance was up to the standard that we hold ourselves to. Coach, I tried -- I really did -- but sometimes there'd be a commercial break or a challenge going on at the same time on ALL the games! Sometimes I'd change the channel only to have just missed a score. And don't get me started on halftime!The remote kept slipping from my hand like poop through a tin horn. I could not stop it. I couldn't stop it. I COULD NOT STOP IT! I was just glad to get out of there without any injury. I will work on it and practice really hard, coach I promise. I will trust The Process. I'll be ready next week. I'll bring my "A Game".
</Player-speak>

Mississippi State - Arkansas - I was rooting for nobody in particular in the State-Arky game but couldn't look away. What a fun game!

Oklahoma State - Baylor - I was miffed at how Okie State was so far behind. It seems they were always making good defensive plays and completing long passes, but they only had 14 points for the longest time and Baylor kept scoring with their 3rd string QB! I wanted Baylor to win, though, and they did. I guess I just wanted the undefeated teams to lose

(On that note: thank you, Ohio State coaches... I heard that game was your fault for the poor play calling).

Oklahoma - TCU - Didn't watch too much of this one, but huge national implications. I was also pulling for Oklahoma. I think they are one of the most dangerous teams out there. How did Tennessee almost (should have) beat them, exactly? Without the QB and receiver TCU didn't really have that much firepower, though. OK's QB is pretty good and scares me a little... he's got a little Manziel in him, and I still have nightmares of JM running around, dodging our defenders, and completing passes.

UGA-GA Southern - Wow! That was scary. We didn't need that, although I don't really think it would have mattered much with the way things are shaking out. I have not yet bought into the "Richt is going to get fired" buzz, but that game could have changed things.

I really think this playoff thing is enhancing the season. Not all of these games were impacted by it, but anyway... Fun, fun, fun!

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks Craig.....always much funner to watch the late games when your team's game ends early and you are victorious!

OK so here's a preview for next week......ready?

Klempson gets trucked by South Carolina and the Trees defeat the Domers.

Get your popcorn ready and fasten your seat belts....here come the playoffs!

:D

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Thanks Craig.....always much funner to watch the late games when your team's game ends early and you are victorious!

Is the "Like" button playing hide and seek again?

*LIKE*

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Klempson gets trucked by South Carolina
and the Trees defeat the Domers.

Possible, but I think the 'cocks have mailed it in. There's no post-season for them so they just want to get the season over with.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Agreed great games yesterday and the Ark vs State game was a really good ending. If only Arkansas had played like this earlier in the season they would have won those two non conference games.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Yes it was fun and relaxing, sitting back after our win, watching the others fight it out.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Is the "Like" button playing hide and seek again?

*LIKE*
We could probably have kept it on yesterday but turned it off in an abundance of caution. All of those "extras" actually create quite a burden on the server. I'm sure folk would rather complain about the buttons than a slow board. This gives me an opportunity to slip in this caution - if the board should slow down next Saturday, it's being a "big" game, the best way to slow it down even further is to keep hitting "refresh." ;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We could probably have kept it on yesterday but turned it off in an abundance of caution. All of those "extras" actually create quite a burden on the server. I'm sure folk would rather complain about the buttons than a slow board. This gives me an opportunity to slip in this caution - if the board should slow down next Saturday, it's being a "big" game, the best way to slow it down even further is to keep hitting "refresh." ;)
I may go to ITAT next week and keep refreshing to really drive them crazy.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

A fun evening, indeed.

Do the Gators have a game this week ? :wink:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Possible, but I think the 'cocks have mailed it in. There's no post-season for them so they just want to get the season over with.
After that game yesterday, that INTERIM Head Coach has NO chance to become Head Coach to replace the Superior One. The Citadel head coach may have a better chance to coach the 'cocks.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
<Player-speak>I only have one TV in the room where I was watching. That made it a challenging night of football watching. There is a Process, and I gave it all I had. I left it all out on the couch. I'm not sure my performance was up to the standard that we hold ourselves to. Coach, I tried -- I really did -- but sometimes there'd be a commercial break or a challenge going on at the same time on ALL the games! Sometimes I'd change the channel only to have just missed a score. And don't get me started on halftime!The remote kept slipping from my hand like poop through a tin horn. I could not stop it. I couldn't stop it. I COULD NOT STOP IT! I was just glad to get out of there without any injury. I will work on it and practice really hard, coach I promise. I will trust The Process. I'll be ready next week. I'll bring my "A Game".
</Player-speak>

Mississippi State - Arkansas - I was rooting for nobody in particular in the State-Arky game but couldn't look away. What a fun game!

Oklahoma State - Baylor - I was miffed at how Okie State was so far behind. It seems they were always making good defensive plays and completing long passes, but they only had 14 points for the longest time and Baylor kept scoring with their 3rd string QB! I wanted Baylor to win, though, and they did. I guess I just wanted the undefeated teams to lose

(On that note: thank you, Ohio State coaches... I heard that game was your fault for the poor play calling).

Oklahoma - TCU - Didn't watch too much of this one, but huge national implications. I was also pulling for Oklahoma. I think they are one of the most dangerous teams out there. How did Tennessee almost (should have) beat them, exactly? Without the QB and receiver TCU didn't really have that much firepower, though. OK's QB is pretty good and scares me a little... he's got a little Manziel in him, and I still have nightmares of JM running around, dodging our defenders, and completing passes.

UGA-GA Southern - Wow! That was scary. We didn't need that, although I don't really think it would have mattered much with the way things are shaking out. I have not yet bought into the "Richt is going to get fired" buzz, but that game could have changed things.

I really think this playoff thing is enhancing the season. Not all of these games were impacted by it, but anyway... Fun, fun, fun!
That was me, hard to keep up with the channels that had the relevant games on because there was so many. I was wallowing in football, happy as a pig in slop. :)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Not if you're a Wisconsin fan.

Or a Wisconsin cheerleader...

Apparently their own fans became so uninterested in the game that they started pelting their cheerleaders w snowballs.

To the point where the cheerleaders left the field...

There's definitely something funny in there somewhere...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.