CFP predictions (11/24)

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Re: CFP predictions (11/24 and final)

The committee had its chance to put us over Clemson last week and passed.

I think we will stay at #2, even in the final poll, unless the committee puts in Notre Dame and wants to avoid a Clemson/ND rematch in the semi-finals and can't justify Notre Dame at #3.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Clemson
Bama
Oklahoma
Iowa

looks more and more like we will end up playing the Sooners.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

I thought they would hold off on putting Iowa in the top 4 until they got a marquee win. Either way if Iowa wins out, they're in.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I'm calling it right now.....

Cowboys over Sooners.....Huskers over Hawkeyes......Trees over Domers.....Cocks over Tigers.....

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

New top 10 is:

Clemson
BAMA
OU
Iowa
Mich St
ND
Baylor
Ohio St
Stanford
Michigan

A little shocked OU got jumped up as far as TCU came within a 2 point conversion of beating them w/out their star QB. (Had TCU had Boykin for half the game I think they would've won.)

I still think Stanford beats ND, Michigan beats OSU and Okie St beats OU this weekend leaving:

Clemson
BAMA
Iowa
Michigan St
Baylor
Stanford

Which sets up the committee deciding between a 2 loss Stanford, and 1 loss Baylor. A 2 loss Baylor that beat ND and won the Pac 12 VS a 1 loss Baylor.... It would be interesting to see how the committee votes. Do they reward a team that won a championship game OR a team that beat up on the shorthorns on 12/5.

I would much rather prefer Stanford than Baylor in the semi's....

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Nah, I bet the Big 10 champ jumps them in the end.

I can see that happening.

Clemson
Bama
Michigan State/Iowa
Oklahoma

So we would actually have an "easier" playoff game. Then if we win...would play a good Clemson or Oklahoma team.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I'm calling it right now.....

Cowboys over Sooners.....Huskers over Hawkeyes......Trees over Domers.....Cocks over Tigers.....

Gundy will throw the game to pay back stoops for 2011. I just don't see Nebraska beating Iowa.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

With the committee knocking out ND and including Iowa in the fourth spot, how on earth do you come to that conclusion?

Because Oklahoma is sitting at home on the final week. The committee will see a highly ranked big ten championship.

They meant that Oklahoma would move to 4. So we wouldn't play them in the first round.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Because Oklahoma is sitting at home on the final week. The committee will see a highly ranked big ten championship.
I agree that the big 10 champ will get in, but there will be room for that team AND OU. The Sooners are playing as well as anyone right now and by the way the committee moved them up I would say that they agree.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I agree that the big 10 champ will get in, but there will be room for that team AND OU. The Sooners are playing as well as anyone right now and by the way the committee moved them up I would say that they agree.

We aren't saying that OU is knocked out...just slips to 4. So we wouldn't play them in the first round.

22Musso22

I can see that happening.

So we would actually have an "easier" playoff game. Then if we win...would play a good Clemson or Oklahoma team.
Excuse me, but we also thought Ohio State was the "easier" playoff game last year and what happened?

22Musso22

Only because we didn't know Cardale Jones had that game in him. Neither Iowa nor Michigan State has the QB play to beat us. They play EXACTLY the kind of game that we are built to stop. Having to play Oklahoma and then Clemson would be a much more difficult path for us.
I believe you will find Connor Cook being one of the first Quarterbacks off the board in the 2016 NFL Draft. Michigan State is a very formidable team if we have to play them.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I disagree Oklahoma deserves to get in over Notre Dame. Although it appears the committee does not. I just can't excuse the loss to Texas, rivalry or not, especially when Notre Dame beat Texas. (Ironically, this is similar to when Notre Dame was rewarded the 1977 NC despite a loss to Ole Miss, a team Alabama beat).

Anyway, that's moot. I think Notre Dame is going to lose to Stanford. I also agree with the thought that Oklahoma is the best team Alabama might face. But I'd relish that opportunity. We owe them so badly.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I think we match up very well with Clemson. Oklahoma is the team that concerns me. They are averaging over 500 yds of O a game and close to 50 points. And their qb is so good that Trevor Knight, the qb that beat us in NOLA two yrs ago, has been relegated to the bench.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.