Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: CFP predictions (11/24 and final)

I can see that happening.

Clemson
Bama
Michigan State/Iowa
Oklahoma

So we would actually have an "easier" playoff game. Then if we win...would play a good Clemson or Oklahoma team.
I didn't think that Michigan State could beat tOSU. I just thought tOSU had been playing lackadaisical until they faced MSU, then Michigan and who they were to play in the B1G CCG.

I am NOT going to count my chickens until the eggs hatch at the Barn and in Atlanta. Kick-six taught me to be very cautious even when Alabama had the BEST team in college football that year (IMHO). Hopefully, Alabama will get in the final four because of what happens in the pasture and in Atlanta. Then, hopefully we will get past any foe we face in the Final Four, if we get there.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I didn't think that Michigan State could beat tOSU. I just thought tOSU had been playing lackadaisical until they faced MSU, then Michigan and who they were to play in the B1G CCG.

I am NOT going to count my chickens until the eggs hatch at the Barn and in Atlanta. Kick-six taught me to be very cautious even when Alabama had the BEST team in college football that year (IMHO). Hopefully, Alabama will get in the final four because of what happens in the pasture and in Atlanta. Then, hopefully we will get past any foe we face in the Final Four, if we get there.

I agree..all this speculation is based on us taking care of business. So many big games these next two weeks and the committee has proven that they can do whatever they want. I am sure money will play a factor in the match ups as well for the final four.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

In the end, I think the top 3 are in plus the Big 10 champ. I think that will be your top 4 in the playoff.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Can't wait for this to shake out. I don't know what the committee is thinking anymore. Barely beating TCU playing the third string at home trumps Michigan State beating number 3 on the road. Lost!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
i honestly think that the backlash from leaving the Big 12 out last year will play a factor in ensuring a Big 12 team gets in this year.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Wanna know why OU jumped?

Because it's Oklahoma. If this was Kansas or Iowa St with the same resume, don't tell me they would have jumped a bunch of spots after that win Saturday. And if it was Michigan with the same resume as Mich St? They'd be number 3.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
i honestly think that the backlash from leaving the Big 12 out last year will play a factor in ensuring a Big 12 team gets in this year.
Must be. Okla St jumped greatly by beating TCU by TWENTY and then Oklahoma beats them by ONE and leaps over all but Bama and Clemson. The excuse was Okla lost their QB. But that does not explain giving up two TD in second half :eek:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Wanna know why OU jumped?

Because it's Oklahoma. If this was Kansas or Iowa St with the same resume, don't tell me they would have jumped a bunch of spots after that win Saturday. And if it was Michigan with the same resume as Mich St? They'd be number 3.
I agree. Thank goodness we benefit from "name" recognition too.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Must be. Okla St jumped greatly by beating TCU by TWENTY and then Oklahoma beats them by ONE and leaps over all but Bama and Clemson. The excuse was Okla lost their QB. But that does not explain giving up two TD in second half :eek:
TCU could say the same thing about losing their qb too. He and their top receiver missed the whole game. I may be in the minority but I think Iowa, Clemson, and Oklahoma are all fools gold. If Bama plays consistent fball they would annihilate all three of them. They could beat Clemson/OK and beat Iowa later that day. They will be whipped by Mich. St if Nebraska doesn't expose them (which I think will happen).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You can say that, but assuming their QB is healthy, does anyone really think either Notre Dame or Michigan St. is better than Oklahoma? And if he isn't healthy, that will take care of itself this week.
Assuming he is healthy, I agree they are probably the best team out there besides us and Clemson. I honestly would dread the match up with them. They seem to have our number lately.

I'm praying Iowa makes it in and we get to play them. Talk about a walkover.
Agreed. I would also like to play Michigan State.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.