What's your thoughts on Alabama Running backs from the game against CSU?

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Keep in mind Bo is from the same class as Fournette. He missed what would've been his freshman season due to academic problems and then he came in last year he tore his ACL. He'd already have a made a mark if not for those circumstances. I think it's his time.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Gore's a soph.

Speaking of pass blocking, did anyone else see that DB blitz pickup by Nysewander yesterday? It was like he hit a brick wall. Good stuff.

I had to check the number a couple of times Bo had the ball to make sure Henry wasn't back out there. They look very similar. Don't know if Bo has the same top end speed, but he look good for his first extended playing time.
There's not many period with Henry's top end speed

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Can Nysewander catch? If so, put him in as the 3rd down back. That's been the Achilles heal of young RB's on a Saban team. If you can't protect my QB, you ain't seeing the field, aight?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Marks looks like a long splash play waiting to happen on those jet sweeps. I think we need to utilize him a bit more.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Can Nysewander catch? If so, put him in as the 3rd down back. That's been the Achilles heal of young RB's on a Saban team. If you can't protect my QB, you ain't seeing the field, aight?
He caught a TD pass few weeks ago. very underrated player, IMO. WE can utlize him at HB, TE, FB.. He's good at blocking. I think we'll see more of him this weekend.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Clark - looks like he has potential to me. Strong power back.
Xavian Marks - looks like our next Javier, Palmer, Drake, Maze flanker/rb, he will be a star.
Bo - I saw good yardage after contact, and he gave me a really good first impression, like our other drafted backs did.
Harris - I cannot judge yet and I wish I could.
He`s got a set of wheels, that`s for sure.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
My gut feeling tells me that we'll see more of I formation this weekend.. because with Henry and Scarbough with mix of marks and Harris... I dont think Defense can handle that after 1st quarter or so.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I was most impressed with Marks. Harris and Scarborough were about what I expected, but that Marks kid can move!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think coaches were pleased... Marks reminded me of Dee hart... without the injuries of course... I really think Marks has a great chance going forward to get some serious playing time... Who knows? Would love to see him line up on a same play that Muschamp saw when he was at UF that went for a touchdown by Drake.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Harris looked much improved to me. He was twisting and striving to get away more than in previous appearances. Kind of reminded me of Ingram on one of his runs. I remarked then that maybe he was growing up some. Getting used to the speed, etc. Also on Bo, I thought he was the one that ran away from the opposition in HS. I remember he was the one bringing speed to the Tide. Am I wrong there? My memory is not what is was at a previous time.

I like 'em all. Also got some real good RB commits this class coming.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I think coaches were pleased... Marks reminded me of Dee hart... without the injuries of course... I really think Marks has a great chance going forward to get some serious playing time... Who knows? Would love to see him line up on a same play that Muschamp saw when he was at UF that went for a touchdown by Drake.
It was great that McElwain took him, and Dee really played a big role in their 10 or 11 game season. He was the #1 back out of HS, the injury plagued him for sure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.